Public Affairs Specialist full-time
Fleishman-Hillard Canada Inc. is seeking an experienced government relations, communications and public affairs professional to join our Vancouver team. As a Government Relations Specialist, you will oversee planning and execution of client programs with a focus on government relations, strategic communications and public affairs.
As one of Canada’s leading government relations and public affairs firms, Fleishman-Hillard develops and executes innovative, strategic and truly integrated programs and campaigns. At FH, we value our people as much as we value our clients. At the very heart of the award-winning work we do for clients is our culture of success and the team members who engender passion, teamwork, entrepreneurship and mutual respect.
FH employees work in a fast-paced, professional and creative environment. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have experience working in government or at the political level, and an excellent understanding of public policy and the B.C. government. He or she will also understand government communications and how to influence political, media and stakeholder environments.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in public affairs, with a proven track record in contributing to a wide range of services including government and media relations, crisis and corporate communications, team management and new business development. We are looking for a confident professional who is comfortable working with others and thrives within a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- If you fit the following profile, we’d like to meet you:
- You have demonstrated success in managing government relations, communications and public affairs campaigns that have increased awareness and successfully influenced government and third party stakeholder audiences.
- You have a solid understanding of the political/public policy landscape in Canada, and experience working in or with local and provincial government(s) in British Columbia.
- You have strong writing and communications skills.
- You are experienced monitoring, analyzing and interacting with officials and other stakeholders such as the media.
- Your creativity and strategic thinking are matched by your strong leadership qualities.
- You are a team player who understands how an agency works.
- You have the ability to create and execute programs involving grassroots coalition building and online outreach.
- You are driven to help our firm grow and win new business.
- You get the big picture while paying attention to the details.
- You have more than five years of post-graduate working experience.
- You are fun to work with.
About the Company:
Fleishman-Hillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the Fleishman-Hillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Fleishman-Hillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.