The Proposal Writer / Coordinator will work with the Business Development team in the management and creation (writing, editing, and proofing) of proposal responses and other business development activities. Position will support all activities related to each stage of the sales bidding process, including RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, clarifications, etc. Additionally, this individual will fully understand, continually improve, and promote world-class proposal processes, and information warehousing and database management techniques. The Proposal Writer / Coordinator will thrive and work well in fast-paced, tight deadline environment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Proposal Writer / Coordinator will research and prepare detailed, accurate, and complex written responses to RFP questions. Develop and maintain core written content for proposals and other sales and marketing documents in support of the business development process. Work closely with Business Development and Marketing Team to develop high quality content and sales collateral. Use relevant and sophisticated software packages to produce high quality documents, create and maintain databases, and access and analyze information. Further, the Proposal Writer / Coordinator will:
- Perform technical writing, editing, and proofreading of proposal submission documents.
- Manage multiple individual proposal processes through completion, including proposal outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments
- Create technical written documents supporting the business development process in response to client requests.
- Read and interpret solicitation to identify critical items required for a compliant response
- Collaborate with Business Development team to understand the pursuit strategy and ensure the written content / response clearly conveys the key messages, value proposition, and overall pursuit strategy.
- Organize, lead and attend proposal strategy meetings and proposal working sessions.
- Apply project management techniques to control schedule and achieve submission deadlines
- Assist Marketing Department and peers with editing and grammar checks as required
- Employs proven interviewing techniques to generating content that is informative, engaging and educational.
- Provides other business development services as assigned.
EDUCATION, JOB-RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Community college diploma or equivalent training (e.g. RPA, CET)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than 5 years up to 10 years
Knowledge & Skills
- University or College degree in Communication, Journalism or English, or equivalent experience in a corresponding role
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in proposal development & writing, business development and/or marketing communications
- Demonstrated advanced written skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and spelling
- Fully bilingual preferred – French/English
- Excellent knowledge of effective communications techniques and practices
- High-level interpersonal and teamwork skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and coordination skills to produce excellent work in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines to meet the company standards for correspondence and perform multiple tasks with competing priorities/deadlines
- Strong organizational, coordination and decision making skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional weekends & nights
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- None required