Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Proposal Specialist to join their Proposal team in Burnaby, BC for a 1 year contract.
As a member of the National Proposal Team, the Proposal Specialist will contribute to proposal win strategy planning and provide hands-on support to proposal pursuits, through capture planning, development and post-submission efforts for service or industry based bids in response to local, regional, national, or global requests, as needed. The Proposal Specialist will be client-focused, having strong relationship building, project management and communication capabilities for an internal and external client base. They will be responsible for the delivery of competitive proposals and augment the proposal service offering at a National level. They will report to the Regional Proposal Manager and work with senior staff and colleagues to develop and deliver a strategic approach to winning business through proposal response channels.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Review/analyse in-bound proposal requests (such as RFP, RFQ, EOI, SOA, etc.), and develop proposal structure and contents to address these;
- Plan and coordinate proposal tasks, from initial Go/No go and kick-off meeting to proposal delivery and post-submission follow-up;
- Compile internal intelligence such as past history with the client for proposal decisions and strategy;
- Assess and execute proposal win strategy;
- Compile, edit, and write standard proposal components in adherence to requirements; compiling disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a cohesive and responsive proposal document;
- Delegate proposal tasks, and ensure proposal schedules are maintained and met;
- Assist with proposal budgets and other technical sections, as required;
- Adapt existing resumes, project descriptions and boilerplate;
- Review final/deliverable documents for quality assurance and quality control;
- Facilitate short-list interview strategy, develop presentations, and coach rehearsals;
- Assist with internal and external proposal debriefs and other proposal close-out activities;
- Assist staff in developing capture plans for business opportunities and leads;
- Act as a subject matter expert for Golder’s proposal process and tools;
- Participate in the development of tools and processes;
- Provide training on proposal processes, systems and templates;
- Contribute to the generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of related proposal information;
- Effectively communicate with proposal teams and colleagues, as well as other stakeholders;
- Report on proposal metrics as required; and,
- Support and contribute to National Proposal Team initiatives and activities, and ad-hoc requests.
Secondary (Ancillary) Role and Responsibilities:
- Think and act for the company’s best interest and sustainability; actively promote Golder;
- Play a role in business planning; develop strategies to support the growth of the business;
- Get key stakeholders on board with initiatives;
- Display diligence in decision-making; and,
- Support Golder Core Values.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, sciences, communications, business, or related discipline;
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience;
- Experience in the professional services consulting industry (engineering and sciences an asset), with an emphasis on proposal management and/or writing;
- Experience working with both internal and external client groups, and distributed (virtual) proposal teams;
- Experience in client development and information management activities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are a must;
- Superior client focus with a positive “can-do” attitude;
- Project Management skills (prioritizing, scheduling, follow up, etc.);
- Superb team player able to excel in a deadline-driven environment ;
- Ability to work overtime and under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- Comfortable working and interacting at all levels in a multidisciplinary environment; and,
- Strong attention to detail.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 9000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..