As Promotions & Marketing Coordinator, we are looking for someone high-energy with an interest in nightlife and live events that also has proven experience in sales and organizational skills. The ideal candidate knows how to balance work and play.
Building on established successful nights and creating new ones, the focus of the Promotions Coordinator is to keep the venue at the forefront of Vancouver’s entertainment and hospitality scene. Key duties will include planning events and implementing marketing strategies that will enhance the branding of our venue and increase sales.
- Event planning – create, promote and over-see events from live showcases, to nightclub nights to corporate events.
- Creating and participating in events – being a face of the venue, creating a positive reputation within the industry.
- Maintain and update all venue event advertising and promotional material, on-and-offline.
- Manage social media accounts with a fun and witty voice that matches our room and creates viral sharing. A flair for creative writing is a bonus.
- Working with the graphics team to ensure all requests for collateral are submitted in timely manner respective of event schedules.
- Manage and execute strategies to increase sales such as direct sales to new customers, creative sales initiatives and overall creating the best product offering and making sure the venue is memorable in all the right ways.
- Maintain current partnerships and actively seek new opportunities to partner with communities that fit our venue.
- Attend and represent the company venues at various conventions, tradeshows, and functions.
- Administration tasks – updating and responding to guest lists, lost and found, business writing etc.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of one to two year(s) of related experience preferred.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, event planning and/or equivalent in experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Event management skills including prospecting new events, supplier negotiation, bookings, set up, ticket sales, promotion etc.
- Comprehensive know-how on using social networking and new media, as well as, traditional and direct marketing & promotions.
- A personality that fits with our current team – friendly, outgoing and fun.
- You must be comfortable balancing the online, office, community, and venue time needed for this role.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.