Building on established successful nights, the Promotions Manager will work with all staff to keep The Roxy at the forefront of Vancouver's entertainment and hospitality scene. Key duties will include managing events to ensure each one runs effectively and seamlessly, and continuing to build our customer base in all facets of online and offline marketing.
About the role:
- Acting as the face of the venue, leading and supporting on events
- Maintaining relationships with current clients, organizations and partners
- Drive business to the venue through relationships with companies, schools, athletic clubs, community partners
- Drive business to the venue through relationships with online communities
- High-energy, outgoing, love the nightlife scene, but can readily switch hats to office professional. Comfortable balancing the online, office, community, and venue division of time for this role.
- Post-secondary education in communications or marketing, and/or equivalent in experience
- Related experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences. Must have demonstrated skill to be a team player as well as working individually with minimal supervision.
- Events management skills including prospecting new events, supplier negotiation, bookings, set up, ticket sales promotion
- Comprehensive know-how on using social networking and new media as well as traditional and direct marketing & promotions, attuned to emerging trends in marketing and online business and culture. You're dialed in and already know all about the next Twitter/Google+/Foursquare/etc/etc.