Requisition #: 2150287
Number of Positions Open: 1
Start Date of Employment: ASAP
Travel Required: Not Required
Educational Requirements: N/A
Languages Required: English
Edgewater Casino is an industry leader in customer service dedicated to providing its guests with the ultimate dynamic gaming experience 24 hours, 7 days a week and employs over 650 Associates.
The Promotions & Events Coordinator is responsible for facilitating all weekly draws that we have on the casino floor and assisting in planning, setting up, tearing down and hosting all events at Edgewater Casino. Primarily, events take place in our 350-seat Stadium Club venue; but events can take place throughout the casino and at the nearby Plaza of Nations Pavilion. This position must deliver exceptional customer service and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Facilitate our weekly draws on the casino floor which can occur any day of the week, in the evening and/or on the weekend
- Engage our guests while making announcements over the loud speaker, building excitement for the draws and encouraging them to be present
- Build trust and gain loyalty with our guests by being able to answer questions about how they can qualify for our draws, provide information about upcoming events, listen to their feedback, and address their concerns while providing superior customer service
- Conduct and coordinate event design, set up, execution and tear down for Stadium Club, the casino floor, Plaza of Nations and off-site sponsorship events
- Create all event contracts once event has been discussed and confirmed for the Director of Marketing and General Manager’s approval and sign off
- Ensure that all organizers, promoters and vendors follow all Edgewater Casino policies and procedures
- Act as liaison and host for Edgewater Casino public events.
- Create the Event BEO’s for all events ensuring expectations are clearly communicated to the team
- Coordination of Event Calendar for the scheduling of labour as needed
- Supervise onsite events team
- Coordinate events with each department as requested, understanding the customer’s needs whether that customer be internal or external, to ensure elements identified have been completed
- Ensures that all events are executed as planned and in the highest of quality
- Other duties as assigned
- One to two years of professional experience in marketing related position with a minimum two years of experience creating, planning and executing, special events and promotions
- Be comfortable with public speaking.Having the ability to engage and grab the attention of our guests while facilitating our weekly draws, creating excitement while still remaining professional.
- Must have the ability to work independently, solve problems and work with little or no supervision. Computer knowledge must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communicative and written skills.
- Must be able to organize, compose and communicate event information to involve sponsors, and internal departments and ensure the success of all events and promotions. Providing continual updates to the teams involved.
- Work on one or more event(s) or promotion(s) at a time. Prioritize tasks and use time wisely
- Accurately file events and promotions collateral and other important information. Complete event summaries to track what worked, what did not, what we could improve upon, did we see a return on investment, etc
- Technical understanding of event set up, Audio Visual, and production
- Ability to oversee an event crew, event setup, execution and tear down.
- Ability to lift objects over 25 pounds
- Serving it Right certified
- Previous technical production experience is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Competitive wages
- Benefits include but not limited to: Pension (employer matching program), prescription drug coverage, dental, chiropractor, physiotherapy, massage, vision, and life insurance
- Sky train Accessible