T&T Supermarket Inc. is currently looking for a Promotion Coordinator, Western Region. Reporting to the Merchandising Manager, Grocery & Dairy & Frozen, WR, the Promotion Coordinator is responsible for controlling, planning and providing recommendations to the department on promotional items, events, projects and other marketing activities by collaborating closely with Operations, Marketing and other relevant teams and departments. The position also needs to perform regular and ad hoc analyses, turns data into information that supports promotional activities to boost sales, customer awareness and T&T's market share.
Major Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Marketing Effectiveness
- Control, plan and provide recommendations to Category Managers on promotional items selected
- Select the right channel in raising customer awareness of T&T’s promotions
- Boost the sales of the selected promotional items through timely execution of promotional activities
- Conduct competitors’ visit, ensure the company stays competitive in terms of product variety, pricing, presentation and promotional activities; make recommendations to bridge the gaps if necessary
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborate and partner closely with internal departments such as Operations, Marketing in executing various promotion activities
- Plan and launch major projects like festive and/or anniversary promotional events and deliver routine tasks such as weekly advertising simultaneously
- Meet all project deadlines associated with radio, newspaper, TV commercials, promotional events…etc.
- Promotional Analysis
- Perform regular and ad hoc analyses for promotional items by conducting data mining from the system or performing market research
- Responsible to interpret data provided by other team members and generate meaning analyses that support promotional activities to boost sales, customer awareness and T&T's market share.
4. Perform any other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Possess 2-3 years’ of experience in marketing grocery products, similar experience gained in the supermarket environment would be an asset
- Able to demonstrate good leadership with tact in managing a team
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; with strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is an asset
- Possess good time management skills and response to tasks assigned with a sense of urgency
- Flexible and adaptable to internal and external changes
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate/analyze data for business needs
- Possess at least an Intermediate level in MS Words, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Possess a university degree, with major in Business Administration or Commerce is preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license and be flexible to travel as required
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes group medical & dental insurance, staff purchase discount. . .etc to the right candidate.
About T&T Supermarket Inc.
Established in 1993 with Head Office located in Richmond B.C., T&T Supermarket Inc. ("T&T") is a unique place to work for, bringing dynamic people with diversed expertise, backgrounds, experience, and talent together. Since 2009, T&T became part of the Loblaw Companies Limited, the largest food retailer in Canada. As of today, T&T has 22 stores located across Canada, with 9 stores in BC, 4 in Alberta (AB) and 9 in Ontario (ON).
Our mission is to enrich the lifestyle of our customers by bringing Asian-Canadian families fresh foods that they love, and introducing to mainstream Canadian families the diversity of Asian food culture at stores that offer exceptional convenience, service, and value.