Blueprint – a global leader in the software requirements definition and management industry - is searching for an enthusiastic and talented project manager to join our rapidly-growing company. Based in downtown Toronto, this senior position is responsible for the oversight and execution of multiple projects, with direct accountability for managing broad and highly complex teams and projects involving significant scope and complexity.
Working with cross-functional teams, the project manager will ensure the delivery of projects by meeting and tracking approved scope, cost, schedule, and requirements.
An ideal candidate will manage project implementation, identify and mitigate project risks, as well as deliver projects on time and within budget. Facilitating the release of Blueprint’s Requirements Center product line - as well as managing team relationships through performance feedback, and incorporating project management standards, processes and procedures - is paramount.
This position requires someone with substantial business acumen and a solid foundation/knowledge of enterprise best practices and processes.
- Serve as the primary owner of the project management and resourcing plans
- Work with key stakeholders and team members to scope, size, and develop project plans at a task, milestone, and resource level while adhering to a structured, project management methodology
- Access, plan, and engage project resources as needed throughout the SDLC
- Engage the team on an ongoing basis to identify and pro-actively manage project issues, risks, action plans, and implications
- Track and manage established plans to ensure all deliverables and milestones are met, in keeping with timelines and budget
- Ensure management is provided with accurate and timely project information and status updates
- Monitor and perform appropriate risk management practices, escalating unresolved issues where appropriate
- Manage project scope on an ongoing basis, using documented change management techniques
- Prepare and present progress reports for management
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of team leads to develop their project management discipline.
- Assist in improving project management processes and tools to develop and maintain the PMO office
- 10+ years’ project management experience in enterprise and start-up environments
- Provide master project planning to ensure project deliverables are met according to timelines and budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate in a cross-functional, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Previous experience leading projects through full SDLC
- Adaptive to changing customer environments while providing or evaluating creative solutions to meet customer requirements
- Deep knowledge of project techniques, tools and methodologies, expert project management and communications skills
- Must be competent with MS Project; experience with TFS or other similar tools is also desirable
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Knowledge of and experience in software requirements definition is an asset
- PMP designation required