We're an agency with no creative or production folks on staff. Instead, we have a curated network of freelance professionals, which we call our Crowd. We collaborate with them through our proprietary digital platform on a project-by-project basis, making our operations lean and efficient. To our clients, we are an easy one stop shop for all of their marketing execution needs.
We’re on the brink of transformational change in the way that we do work with the freelancer revolution. Individuals that may have previously been excluded from the workforce, due to physical disabilities or their rural locations, no longer have to be because they can do work right from their home. We think this is really, really cool.
Naturally, F500 companies are trying to grasp the benefits to them and how they can take advantage, namely in the marketing services world. This has proven challenging for large organizations around quality, service levels and compliance.
That’s where we fit in. We enable enterprise Marketing and Sales departments to do more with less.
A bit about the role...
Our PMs are the back-bone of our team. Hyper organized, expert multi-taskers, and great at managing freelance professionals, the PMs are the gears that get the work done.
You will be the connection between our Client Leads (account people) and the Crowd (our freelance community). You'll own projects once briefed in to you,define a tight scope and do everything within reason to deliver on time and on budget. Your focus on #100%clientsatisfaction so the Client Leads can focus on building the business.
You'll also be in charge of managing a Pod of our Crowd. Pods are made up of freelancers with similar skillsets. Building a personal connection with each member of your pod, you will help them develop within our Crowd and make their success a priority.
Projects can range from basic graphic design to complex video animation or website development. And the list is always changing - which is the best part of a start-up, being able to be the part of shaping a new company. This is a full time on-site position in Toronto.
A bit about you...
- You excel in ambigiuty - and have a thirst for challenge. You barely ever say “no.”, because you have the ability to think outside of the box.
- You noticed that we spelled ambiguity wrong above, and it's driving you insane - because the little things matter to you.
- You minored in juggling - you can manage multiple projects and deliverables with grace.
- You're a team player, and that's important to you. Helping others on your team succeed and working towards a goal is what gets you excited.
- You are a Jack or Jill of all trades with knowledge of inter-related disciplines such as client services, agency operations, creative design, content development, design software, video creation and editing, and brand guidelines. And if you don’t know - you’re keen to learn them all - FAST.
- You have 1-2 year's experience managing multiple projects with tight turnaround times, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and estimates, appropriately allocate resources and manage budgets.
- You are a self- starter and believe you can change the world - and a start-up is a great place to do just that.
- You have a College/Bachelor’s degree
A successful 5Crowd Project Manager...
- High sense of urgency and ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Makes the Client Leads look smart, dedicated and attentive - because you’re always one step ahead, making sure everything is accounted for.
- Has the ability to see the big picture while aggressively managing every last detail while driving results.
- A clear communicator who actively listens and can interpret key information in a meaningful way to ensure our clients, Client Services and Project Management teams are happy with the outcome of any project.
- Innate ability to build remote relationships with freelancers, to deliver on-brief with #confidence and #pride.
- Over-communicate in all email/phone conversations.
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with complex project requirements and an openness to asking questions while navigating ambiguity.
- The ability to organize yourself and others in a deadline-driven environment where priorities often shift. Solves problems and quickly pivots with a solution.
- Impeccable attention to detail to ensure 100% accuracy and confidence in all assets and high caliber agency deliverables in advance of client receipt.
- Takes ownership of deadlines, and proactively communicate priorities to the client lead and freelancers.
- Identifies and defines workflow best practices and efficiencies.
- Experience with Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator specifically), basic HTML, and video editing software is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise level client is a plus.