BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
As part of the Repertoire team, you will help build and improve one of the most sophisticated royalties distribution systems in the world.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their cost, time and scope. Responsibilities include: project plan, communication plan, allocating task and setting milestones.
- Lead quality assurance, implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Present to customers reports on progress as well as problem solutions.
All About You
- Demonstratable experience in delivering software in Agile in a client facing role.
- Knowledge/experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management in IT related projects.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools, including but not limited to JIRA, MS Excel…
- Proven leadership skills and team worker.
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem solving.
- PMP, PMI ACP, Certified Scrum or Scrum Alliance certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree, desirable in Telecommunications, Computer Science or similar.
- Fluent in English and French
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job
- Home office.
- Flexibility on working hours
- Flat hierarchy
- Wide range of online courses
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
Diverse perspectives bring drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.