Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Urban Systems is a civil engineering, planning and landscape architecture consulting firm based in Western Canada. We provide exceptional service to local and provincial governments, First Nations and the land development sector. We also provide exceptional career opportunities for our 300 employees located in eight offices throughout British Columbia and Alberta.
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time senior level administrative position in our Kelowna office, which involves a solid understanding of Urban Systems' professional practice, clients and projects. Operating at a para-professional level, the Project Coordinator works collaboratively with Project Managers and key stakeholders to ensure the successful administration of projects.
The Project Coordinator's primary mission is to leverage the team's effectiveness by providing quality graphic support as well as coordinating the administrative details of projects so Project Managers are free to focus on providing exceptional service and technical excellence.
Key Aptitudes & Skills
The incumbent will be a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to the internal team and to Urban Systems' clients. Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a professional office environment and a passion for learning and development. Preference will be given to those candidates who possess the following skills and abilities:
- Advanced software skills including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Page layout and creative design skills
- Understand and develop information graphics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive in anticipating the needs of internal and external clients
- Independent and self directed
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Able to quickly develop a rapport with staff and clients
- Post secondary education in communications, visual communications, and/or business administration
Scope of Responsibilities
- Visual Communications - This position will be the primary visual communications specialist in the branch and will provide assistance with presentations, document layout, and graphics. In addition to producing material, you will be responsible for maintaining and coordination shared proposal and marketing support resources including project sheets, resumes, image library, and branded material.
- General Project Coordination - You will provide ongoing administrative support to the team including preparation of correspondence, documents, reports and graphics. You will also assist with project billings, scheduling, reporting and other miscellaneous project activities. As a member of the branch resource team, you will work with other Project Coordinators and administrative staff to ensure smooth operations of the branch.
- Quality Control- Take responsibility for the quality and consistency of outgoing products including proof reading, formatting and coordinating.