Conservation & Energy Management
Management & Exempt
Full Time Regular
Reporting to the Conservation and Energy Management (C&EM) Program Manager, this position is responsible for leading the development, implementation and ongoing administration of FortisBC’s C&EM projects/programs with goals of assisting residential/commercial/industrial/low income customers in reducing their electric/natural gas consumption, energy costs and GHG emissions and enhancing FortisBC’s corporate reputation.
Lead the development, and implementation of new or revised C&EM programs.
Prepare business cases for new programs or modifications to existing programs including justification and cost financial analysis.
Consult with other key FortisBC staff (e.g. Key Account Managers, Energy Solution Managers, Technical Advisors, etc.) to assist with the promotion of C&EM programs to customers, contractors and vendors.
Identify appropriate technologies and program eligibility guidelines for effective design that maximizes participation and energy savings while minimizing costs, liaising with internal and external parties. Identify and co-develop the collateral required to support the program and work with other groups (e.g. Corporate Communications, supporting vendors etc.) on developing communications plans for each program area as a whole.
Develop program application, terms and conditions and any other contractual documents in collaboration with legal services.
Oversee the ongoing administration of a suite of commercial and industrial energy efficiency and conservation programs.
Oversee the review and approval of program applications. Work with internal and external parties to resolve exceptional cases.
Oversee timely implementation of program plan and monitor customer escalations.
Review and approve tracking and activity spending reporting work performed by Marketing Coordinators.
Support the development of the relevant section(s) of the C&EM Annual Report to BCUC Consult with internal stakeholders (e.g. Key Account Managers, Energy Solutions Managers, Outreach Staff, Technical Advisors, etc.) to fulfill program delivery goals and training them on messaging, details and delivery tactics.
Approve and code program-related invoices.
Participate as required in program evaluation to ensure systems are in place to measure, track and improve customer satisfaction.
Establish program budgets and review expenditures and forecast.
Review program and creative briefs Develop, manage and complete Request for Proposal (RFP) processes Oversee third-party contracts for program implementation and development as required.
Other related duties as assigned may include:
- Present results to internal and external stakeholders
- Supervise the activities of other team members including Marketing Coordinators
- Coordinate with functional departments and vendors when necessary to ensure goals and timelines are met
- Identify potential partners and collaborate with existing partners (such as BC Hydro and municipalities) for program contributions and delivery
- Develop partnership agreements in collaboration with potential partners and legal services.
- Direct secondary research on programs at other utilities
- Lead write-ups and presentations for use in Regulatory and Stakeholder proceedings
- Consult with FortisBC Internal Audit team
Education and Experience:
Diploma in Energy Management, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline from a recognized program, plus a minimum of three (3) years of recent, related experience working with projects or program/project development. Valid BC Driver’s License. CEM (Certified Energy Manager) Designation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the principles of demand side management
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on a team
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills - manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Ability to develop program/project budgets and performance measures
- Ability to analyze revenues, expenses, sales activity and other measures for assigned programs
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial control methods and techniques
- Knowledge of promotional methods, techniques, event planning and implementation
- Ability to participate in the organization and implementation of launches
- Ability to prepare RFP’s, direct, monitor, administer and evaluate consulting contractor work
- Work experience or knowledge of utilities and/or regulated environments is desirable
- Knowledge of building energy systems/code is desirable
- Knowledge of building codes, building science, energy systems or equipment is desirable
This position is based at our Surrey Operations Centre. Occasional travel will be required.