We are currently seeking a Production Graphic Designer with superior communication skills, attention to detail, and a passion for Adobe Creative Suite. Exposure to the signage and display industry and/or large scale print files required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with internal clients and production specialists to establish the overall look, graphic elements and product requirements;
Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication and production;
Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications, prototypes and guidelines for production and installation;
Produce layouts of architectural hardware, signage, fixtures and displays;
Prepare design concepts, sketches and/or models for approval;
Use existing photo and illustration banks, client supplied imagery and typography guides to meet clients' needs;
Implement efficiencies and improvements in the overall design processes;
Manage internal and external stakeholder expectations as it pertains to timelines and turnaround times;
Offer creative and/or technical recommendations on project work when required.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a post secondary program in Graphic Design or Industrial Design is required;
- Mandatory software experience includes Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; SolidWorks, Autodesk 3DS Max and AutoCAD experience are assets;
- Ability to turn around layouts quickly with accuracy and detail;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects from beginning to end in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Technical ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work;
- 2 to 5 years experience in graphic design.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations. Only applicants being considered for the role will be contacted.