This is an exciting time at the Star Media Group (SMG) as we strive to bring our award-winning, ground-breaking and impactful journalism to a new tablet product that we envision becoming a world leader for tablet-based delivery of news content.
This cutting edge tablet product will create a compelling, innovative and interactive platform that enhances the way we will engage with and excite our readers. Through this enhanced experience, our audience will experience a brand new way of digital story telling in the modern age.
Come and join us as we transform the way content is consumed on tablets.
What you will do…
The Production Coordinator - Interactive Advertising is responsible for the management and delivery of several simultaneous advertising creations for the tablet product. The advertising campaigns under his/her responsibility may include the publication of external content, the in-house creation of advertising content, the development of client proposals or the management of other special issues or projects. You will liaise with client advertisers and all internal departments involved in the production to ensure on-time delivery of high quality advertising and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Acts as the main point of contact with sales and clients during the development of their advertising material
- Manage all stages of ad creation, oversee schedules and coordinate assigned resources
- Maintain and administer an assignment calendar.
- Establish the production plan for advertising campaigns under his/her responsibility, follow up on progress and produce progress reports and/or final reports as needed
- Assess and make recommendations to resource capacity needs and work forecasting.
- Understand and estimate incoming resource requests (production projects), to ensure proper matching of resources to demand.
- Be a reference for resources when it comes to use of the work tools.
- Ensure advertising material produced internally and externally meets the publication’s quality and aesthetic standards, established guidelines and policies, as well as technical requirements for integration to the digital newspaper
- Explain, train and advise advertisers on the collective, best practices and limitations of the digital newspaper platform
- Liaise with client advertisers to troubleshoot all technical issues that may arise during the integration of their advertising material
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree in Web integration or other related field
- Experience in web design and with digital medias
- 4 to 6 years of experience in project management
- Working knowledge HTML5 and CSS3
- Technical knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Hype
- Technical knowledge of interactivity and 2D animation
- Knowledge of best practices in photo, audio and video file integration to digital platforms
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated leadership skills and autonomy
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, to work on several simultaneous projects and deliver on-time
- Work under pressure in a fast-pace environment
- Respect deadlines