Production Artist/Graphic Designer full-time
JYSK Canada has carried on the tradition of their retail partners in Denmark by building the business based on a wide range of great offers brought to the market thanks to clever purchasing. JYSK travels the world to bring our customers the best deals and our reputation continues to grow as we pass on the savings to our customers. JYSK is committed to bringing “Quality-for-Less” to millions of customers every day.
JYSK is one of the leading and fastest-growing retailers in the world. First-established in 1979 in Denmark, the company is now present in 37 countries with over 2,200 stores; bringing “Quality-for-Less” to millions of customers every day. With a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, and outdoor products that will enhance any living spaces with a sense of sophistication at affordable prices.
The first JYSK store was opened in 1996 by Jakup Jacobsen in Coquitlam, BC. Today there are 54 JYSK stores in Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, and Nova Scotia.
JYSK Bed Bath Home is seeking a talented and experienced full-time Production Artist/Graphic Designer to join our marketing team in producing weekly flyers.
- Assist in the creation of a variety of marketing materials, including ads, flyers, catalogues, billboards, newsletters, signage, etc…
- Execute production and final mechanicals of marketing materials as provided to you
- Work within corporate brand guidelines to create brand consistency; apply and enforce brand guidelines
- Assist in organizing and managing digital media assets
- Upload final files to the press, team members, vendors, etc.
- Other technical duties may include image manipulation, photo retouching, image clipping, etc.
Who you are:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated high level of dependability, initiative and responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills; proven ability to multi-task in an environment with ever-changing processes and priorities
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on special projects as necessary
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines
- Ability to accept feedback from a number of sources and implement changes accordingly
- Must be a team player
- Consistent production of neat, accurate work with high attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design/Graphic Arts
- 5 years of design and production experience
- Mandatory expertise with Adobe Creative Suite
- Mandatory proficiency using Macintosh platform
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Copywriting skills
- Strong portfolio displaying your experience
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)