Based in Vancouver, BC, the Product Marketing team is primarily responsible for the global positioning of the Absolute Data & Device Security (DDS) product lines. The team works closely with other internal stakeholders, participating actively in defining product strategy, product releases, proactive sales support, and competitive intelligence.
You will have a proven ability in the marketing of technology products and are able to articulate the inherent value in a manner that is relatable to customers and prospects alike. You are analytical, creative, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator both verbally and written. A core focus of this role will be your ability to write effective and compelling product literature that aligns with the Absolute brand and messaging.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Ongoing support of all product messaging and collateral. You will leverage your strong writing skills to produce product and sales collateral to support the efforts of our sales teams and partners across all verticals.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day product marketing requirements which will require extremely strong organizational skills. You will need to be comfortable defining priorities in a hectic work environment where multiple requests must be fielded by various internal stakeholders.
- Develop value-based messaging to specific audiences and verticals
- Support the internal and external roll-out of new products and features
- Educate the sales teams and channel partners on new and updated products to ensure they understand the market, solution, scenarios, and differentiators
- Provide focused, market-driven feedback to the product management group on product and solution directions
- Collect and maintain information on regulatory bodies that pertain to corporate compliance, data breach response, and other legislated requirements that impact our customers
- Support the team’s position as the “go-to” source within the company for all product marketing related topics and information
- Research industry trends and gain direct customer input to identify existing and potential markets for products and product concepts
- Prepare and propose product road map and market strategy to ensure short and long term growth and continuity of portfolio
What You’ll Need
- Five years minimum product marketing experience
- A university degree or diploma in marketing or equivalent experience
- Experience as a product/technology writer (samples of writing may be requested)
- Knowledge of the software industry
- Demonstrated aptitude for product strategy and positioning
- Proven ability to launch products and manage new releases
- Excellent communication, critical / analytic thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills
- Able to thrive under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to work well within a team and independently
Why Work For Us:
We are one of the biggest software companies headquartered in Vancouver and we are recognized as one of the Top 50 Small and Medium Sized Employers in Canada. Our office is located in the financial district where we have great views and are close to public transit, shops and restaurants. We encourage career growth from within and promote people internally. Absolute is an exciting and fun place to work with great social events & holiday parties and company sponsored sports teams such as soccer, hockey, cycling and softball. Our kitchen is fully stocked with free pop & gourmet coffee, fresh fruit delivered every Monday and free pizza every month. Employees can also take a timeout in our newly decorated and awesome chill room. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Absolute, please visit the careers section of our website at www.absolute.com.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.