Based in Vancouver, BC, the Product Marketing & Communications team is primarily responsible for the global positioning of all Absolute Software product lines. The team works closely with other internal stakeholders, participating actively in defining product strategy, product releases, proactive sales support, and competitive intelligence.
You will have a proven ability in the marketing of technology products and are able to articulate the inherent value in a manner that is relatable to customers and prospects alike.
You are analytical, creative, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator both verbally and written. A core focus of this role will be your ability to write effective and compelling product literature that aligns with the Absolute® brand and messaging.
Within the scope of this role, your areas of focus will include:
- Ongoing support of all product families, including messaging & collateral. You will leverage your strong writing skills to produce product and sales collateral to support the efforts of our sales teams and partners across all verticals.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day product marketing requirements which will require extremely strong organizational skills. You will need to be comfortable defining priorities in a hectic work environment where multiple requests must be fielded by various internal stakeholders.
As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will also collaborate and interact in the following areas:
- Develop value-based messaging to specific audiences and verticals
- Support the internal and external roll-out of new products and features
- Educate the sales teams and channel partners on new and updated products to ensure they understand the market, solution, scenarios, and differentiators
- Provide focused, market-driven feedback to the product management group on product and solution directions
- Collect and maintain information on regulatory bodies that pertain to corporate compliance, power management, and other legislated requirements that impact our customers
- Support the team’s position as the “go-to” source within the company for all product marketing related topics and information
- Research industry trends and gain direct customer input to identify existing and potential markets for products and product concepts
- Prepare and propose product road map and market strategy to ensure short and long term growth and continuity of portfolio
- Five years minimum product marketing experience
- A university degree or diploma in marketing or equivalent experience
- Experience as a product/technology writer (samples of writing may be requested)
- Knowledge of the software industry
- Demonstrated aptitude for product strategy and positioning
- Proven ability to launch products and manage new releases
- Excellent communication, critical / analytic thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills
- Thrives when under pressure and able to deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to work well within a team and independently