Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of the Top Employers in Financial Technology?
Well, come work for FINCAD and find out! FINCAD has been recognized as being a “Top Employer” for 5 consecutive years.
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have an interest in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high-growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside of Vancouver, Canada, with an office in Dublin, Ireland, London, UK, Beijing, China, and now New York City, USA, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to solve enterprise business issues in the most comprehensive way. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for an expert Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team in Surrey. The ideal candidate will have had success in driving go-to-market strategy for enterprise software solutions. Liaising between product management and sales, this role will be required to understand FINCAD’s various market segments, effectively launch new solutions into the market, craft clear and compelling business value messaging and content, develop effective collateral and sales tools, analyze market/competitive dynamics, and support marketing campaigns (social media, lead gen, events, PR, web, etc.) to help the organization meet its sales/revenue goals, while continually refining and improving marketing strategy.
I have at least 5 years of experience working as an enterprise product marketing manager, preferably within Fintech and ideally, I have a background in sales and trading, asset management, or risk disciplines. I have effectively launched enterprise software solutions before and understand the enterprise software sales and marketing process. I am extremely comfortable working with technology. I know how to ask the right questions to effectively translate technology into effective business value and I can clearly articulate that messaging into compelling written content. I thrive in a high tech environment and am looking for a role that allows me to directly contribute to the success of the company. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be an ambassador for FINCAD and will present our company and software to technical and non-technical audiences. This position requires close engagement with sales, product management, marketing, professional services, customers, and analyst firms and will require the person to gain a strong understanding of customer/market trends and behavior, as well as FINCAD’s value proposition and key messages. This role will be critical in developing effective marketing collateral, web content, sales tools, etc. to help drive pipeline and and qualify high value leads for sales.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Create, own, and ensure execution of the go-to-market strategy through strong knowledge of the markets and customers served, including regulatory environment.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the enterprise valuation and risk space, including products and service offerings, overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape, and future product direction.
- Drive market segmentation and analysis, understand target segments and needs, identify necessary market research, identify emerging market segments, incorporate insights into product marketing plans.
- Drive competitive intelligence, analysis, and delivery within the organization.
- Utilize market research and competitive analysis to better understand buyer behavior and critical pain points.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our solutions in the market and continually test and refine messaging to deliver on sales and revenue commitments.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to build product launch plans and ensure sales and marketing readiness to support the full sales cycle – this includes product demonstrations, sales training (technical and value proposition), marketing deliverables and content.
- Identify content requirements for top, middle and bottom of funnel – including thought leadership pieces – and deliver that content in a compelling, clear and consistent manner.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop sales tools (white papers, sales tools, award submissions, web content, case studies, sales scripts and messaging to support lead generation programs) needed to support the enterprise sales process.
- Evangelize our solutions to partners, prospects and customers through training and participation in industry events, social media, onsite visits and more.
- Capture product feedback from customers and work with Product Management to drive these requirements into roadmap.
- Analyze sales pipeline and develop metrics to ensure strategies are effective.
What You’ll Need
- 5-8 years’ experience in Product Marketing in the high-technology industry, preferably in an enterprise software company, ideally in Fintech.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing or finance, is required; MBA a plus.
- Pragmatic marketing certification a strong asset
- Demonstrated track record in the development and management of B2B marketing programs and product launches.
- Very strong conceptual and communication skills – you should be able to research technical and marketing resources and be able to draw conclusions and present your ideas clearly and convincingly in both written and verbal form to a range of audiences.
- Technical competence – ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and compelling language.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate key messages to the intended audience, through collateral, presentations, videos, web content, thought leadership and case studies.
- Understanding of marketing automation systems an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, coordinating across multiple disciplines and teams, to deliver against challenging deadlines.
- Ability to adapt, with a positive attitude, to changing requirements and executing with quality and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to interact with customers, partners and foster cross-functional teamwork among sales, marketing, and product teams.
- The confidence to represent the company at high levels across the customer/prospect base.
- Operate with the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
What’s In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development (including individual professional development plans) and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials and company anniversary celebrations.
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work/life balance through free use of the on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.