About the Job:
Division: Communication Products Division
As a seasoned Product Line Manager in PMC-Sierra’s Strategic Marketing group, your mandate will be to diversify and grow PMC-Sierra’s incumbency and revenue stream in the service provider infrastructure market, focusing on current and emerging technologies for products specific to access & metropolitan segments.
In this role, you will be accountable for the overall product marketing function; development of market strategy, market segmentation analysis, go-to-market for new product releases, message/brand development, competitive analysis, in addition to collaborating with Sales, PMC’s Chief Technology Office and other corporate groups.
Strategy, Planning, Communication
- Drives ongoing market strategy development and documentation
- Ensures goals, objectives and timelines carry strong linkages to overall business objectives and goals
- Ensures market strategy stays current with changing market and competitive conditions, as well as evolving internal priorities and product availability
- Provides timely, relevant communication to internal stakeholders regarding market strategy and be available for external communication regarding market strategy and key messaging
- Effectively communicates marketing strategy and value proposition to external stakeholders as required
Market research and analysis:
- Responsible for ensuring that market research and competitive analysis is sufficient and is delivered in a proactive and timely manner for marketing and sales strategy (e.g., competitive analysis, market trend analysis, market metrics analysis, etc.)
- Manages the execution of analysis into key industries and market segments to identify new market opportunities. Develops strategic recommendations based on analysis
- Ensures successful product launches, including packaging, collateral content development, marketing campaigns, timeline, internal sales training on campaigns etc.
- Develops positioning, key messages, benefits and differentiators for product messaging
- Ensures concepts are reflected in marketing collateral and understood by internal teams
- Focuses aggressively on winning designs and driving successful business plans
The successful candidate has:
- Minimum of 5-years semiconductor strategic marketing experience..
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop plans and strategies to communicate clearly about complex business issues, technology solutions, differentiation and value propositions
- Subject matter expertise on packet centric network architectures with specific knowledge in Carrier Ethernet, OTN, WDM infrastructure technologies
- Solid understanding of the semiconductor market and keen vigilance of current and changing market conditions and product knowledge.
- The ability to multi-task and a reputation for being results and customer-driven
- Prides themselves on their dedication and professionalism in internal and external relationship building and negotiation
- Successful track record in product concepts with accretive business plans
PMC-Sierra™ is a leading provider of broadband communications and storage semiconductors for metro, access, fiber to the home, wireless infrastructure, storage, laser printers, and fiber access gateway equipment. PMC-Sierra offers worldwide technical and sales support, including a network of offices throughout North America, Europe,IsraelandAsia. The company is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the PMCS symbol.