As a Product Marketing Engineer in PMC-Sierra's Strategic Marketing group, you will be a key member in a team that is responsible for developing and implementing a product strategy that targets the next generation radio access equipment in the Wireless Infrastructure market.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing go-to-market plans for new wireless infrastructure products. You will ensure successful product launches, including packaging, collateral content development, marketing campaigns, timeline, internal sales training on campaigns etc
- Determining positioning, key messages, benefits and differentiators for our products. You will keep current on the competition and adapt marketing strategies to maximize revenue potential.
- Identifying the key opportunities, communicating and motivating the sales force to secure design wins at the target customers.
- Managing and quickly resolving customer issues or concerns related to your products
- Prioritizing internal project resources to maximize our return on investment.
- Taking on product management responsibilities that include revenue forecasts, design win analysis, production planning, documentation updates, pricing reviews and updates, sales training and support, and product life cycle management
- This is an entry-level position is suited to candidates that have a solid technical background and are seeking a career path in strategic marketing.
- An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering. An MBA or Masters degree in a related discipline is beneficial, but not required.
- An understanding of 3GPP wireless network deployments and the relevant radio standards are definite assets.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with strong, independent work ethic. Strong analytical business skills and passion for analyzing technology, products, companies and market dynamics
- Goal oriented and can define a work-plan and manage daily activities based on a set of agreed upon goals. Past project management and leading a cross-functional team is an asset.
- Technical competence with the system level specification and definition of radio and communication systems is preferred. Past experience in radio system and component design is beneficial.
- Effective communicator. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Past experience in semiconductor design, marketing, and business development will help.
- Travel to Europe, North America and Asia Pacific regions is required.
PMC (Nasdaq:PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building on a track record of technology leadership, we are driving innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. Our highly integrated solutions increase performance and enable next generation services to accelerate the network transformation. For more information visit www.pmc-sierra.com.