The Product Manager works with Sales, Development, Marketing, and Finance, as well as the external marketplace to evolve the product roadmap and prioritize market opportunity. Ultimately, the Product Manager will take a leadership role in the direction of the product and be a driving force in the company’s growth. We are looking for a product manager, who has successfully owned complex technology solutions and has been a driver in the release of new products. Working closely with the VP Product, you will develop strategic product plans, and work with the target market to continually refine them.
The ideal candidate is a leader in their field with deep experience in the development, definition, and delivery of complex technology solutions. This high-energy person has consistently been seen as a positive force both by clients and internal staff, and is able to evangelize the product both inside and outside the organization. In addition, the Product Manager will:
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Build relationships with clients, analysts, and the industry at large, communicating requirements back into the organization and sharing the company’s strategic vision to external stakeholders.
- Specify product requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Perform and apply context to competitive analysis, market analysis, pricing strategies, and channel strategies.
- Contribute to strategy development, and maintain and communicate the product roadmap.
- Develop and define product feature sets; develop product requirements and prioritize features for current and future products.
- Work collaboratively with development, monitoring the development of features and releases, ensuring that deliverables meet the market requirement.
- Establish unique value proposition; act as a product evangelist both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans.
- Support the Sales team by keeping them apprised of the roadmap and prioritization of deliverables.
- Develop and deliver product-oriented sales tools to support the desired prospect experience (e.g., product demonstrations, presentations, pricing, analyst briefings, and whitepapers).
- Supply Product Management team with regular feedback from Sales team and Channel regarding sales cycles and competitive information.
- Conduct research and data analysis to support marketing initiatives, and stay current on industry technology advancements.
- Work with corporate marketing to ensure key product features, benefits, and target customer are understood; contribute to the development of value-add solutions messaging.
- Manage Technology Partner Program including liaison with Partners and Engineering on the technical integration of applications, data exchange, and APIs.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product that will enhance the offering or delivery of the product.
- Represent the company as thought leaders in the industry.
- Contribute to planning and budgeting, including product revenue projection and measurements of success.
- Perform product training as required.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of trade shows as required.
- Minimum 7 years systems and software product management/product marketing experience, with proven experience in complex technology solutions.
- Experience in releasing “end-to-end” solutions; can articulate product “wins” and his/her role in bringing product to market.
- Knows how to create core messaging for product line.
- Able to position and differentiate a product line, achieving maximum competitive leverage and return from existing products; establish unique and defensible positions for new products and sustain the company growth and profitability over the long term.
- Proven track record and ability to identify problems, resolve escalations (including collaborating with others when necessary), act decisively and show good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize requirements and rationalize product decisions.
- Demonstrate experience in working with senior executives and executives of customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly refined inter-personal skills; and high technical and non-technical professionalism at all levels of an organization are required.
- Able to gain sponsorship and consensus on key initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or CS, with MBA preferred).
- Cultural fit with a growing entrepreneurial company, where you thrive on variety and have a large input into company success.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Able to work without supervision yet collaborate with peers and management throughout the product management process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- The ability to think critically, decipher relevant information and determine what is important.