AbeBooks.com - part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies - is looking for an experienced and highly analytical Product Manager to support our Marketing teams. This position is based at our headquarters in Victoria, BC, Canada reporting to the Director of Marketing. We also have a European office in Dusseldorf, Germany and from these two locations we run seven international web sites: AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.it, IberLibro.com and ZVAB.com.
As Product Manager Online Marketing you will create and manage product strategies to support our online marketing operations, such as affiliates, email, search or social media. The Product Manager is responsible for defining, developing and maintaining an accurate and reliable set of metric s and KPI′s to inform business decisions and drive process and product improvements. You will develop business and product requirements, and own process and product improvements through the product lifecycle including execution.
This position offers a great opportunity for an insatiable, results-oriented individual who thrives in an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment. If you have relentless desire to drive process and product improvements we have the career you′re looking for!
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Define and develop an accurate, meaningful and actionable set of business metrics and KPIs to be used to measure performance of the processes and products you own.
- Detailed analysis of customers and their behavior to support marketing initiatives and to drive customer segmentation
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for a defined set of products and oversee their implementation. This includes improvements to existing processes and products as well as recommending new products.
- Design and implement measurable tests to improve the performance of the products you own through the post purchase experience.
- Work cross-functionally with business units, software development engineers, designers, and operations staff to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Conduct research and business analysis to continuously improve the insights into our buyer base
- Build knowledge & become a subject matter expert on AbeBooks services.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Collaborate with Amazon where relevant to take advantage of potential synergies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Candidate′s Profile should include the following characteristics:
- You have three to five years of comparable experience.
- You are adept at retrieving and analyzing data to answer business questions and deliver results.
- You must thrive on solving problems, improving processes, and increasing efficiencies.
- You communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- You juggle multiple competing priorities simultaneously with apparent ease and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Your precise attention to detail and innate desire for excellence is infectious to those around you.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and are a metrics driven decision maker.
- Your technical and business savvy allow you to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization and get things done.
- You have proficient computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, and intermediate knowledge of the Internet and E-commerce.
- You have an absolute passion for ensuring a world-class Customer Experience.
- You are proficient with SQL and other similar tools.
- Experience with statistical analysis and data modeling.
- Demonstrated product and/or project management skills.
- Retail internet industry experience
- Business minded - ability to rationalize cost and benefit of projects
- Technically oriented - understanding of system limitations or requirements that will assist in producing strong, efficient and workable product suggestions
- Experience with working with a technical development team
- Experience with setting project priorities and champion Online Marketing Projects
- Experience in one or more Online Marketing channels (affiliates, search, email, social media)
If you are looking for a challenging career, please complete the attached application form.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks