Digital Product Manager, Food – Transcontinental Media
This role will appeal to a talented and experienced product manager who has a passion for both Food and digital media and knows what it takes to deliver a best in class user experience. The product manager is responsible for product development, working closely with web and magazine editors, consumer magazine publishers, marketers and key brand stakeholders to drive innovation and business results. This person is capable of managing the development of new products and the growth of existing products, and is excited to be part of the Transcontinental Consumer Web Group, which is among the top ten of its category in Canada to reach women.
Reporting to the Digital Product Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead the development of an engaging user experience that builds consumer retention and brand affinity for the Consumer group of web sites, mobile sites and consumer apps.
- Contribute to the team and help achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with marketing to develop deep industry, consumer and customer insight that will influence product design and development
- Development of detailed business requirements for current and new products, and lead the development of these products from concept to specification to prototype to product launch
- Possess strong quality assurance standards and ensure products are at a high standard
- Assess the impact/ROI of products through Web Analytics
- University or College degree/diploma in Interactive Media, Marketing, or Product Development/Managementor MBA
- 3-5 years of experience in website management
- Experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing many types of web content; good knowledge of the subject matter covered by the sites
- Experience in seeking partnerships and conducting negotiations
- Excellent English communication skills, some knowledge of French an asset
- Proven abilities to identify, understand, prioritize, plan and clearly articulate market and customer requirements
- Leadership, ability to work as part of a team and establish relationships with the company’s other departments
- Strong interest in all business aspects of our digital industry, advertising, marketing and Web technology as well as Lifestyle type of Online products.