Velcro Canada Inc., the industry leader in the manufacture of hook & loop fasteners is currently seeking the following individual to join our facility in Brampton, Ontario.
We invite you to join a company with strong core values, a focus on growth and the VELCRO® brand known for innovation, helping solve problems and making things easier with our products and solutions.
Reporting to the Market Manager, Transportation Strategic Business Unit, the Product Manager will drive sales and profit growth by supporting the Market Managers with new product introductions and life cycle management.
This role will encompass a full range of activities including:
- Market research to understand the product uses, competition and the marketplace.
- Be the Product expert. Understand how it is used and by whom.
- Support the Market Manager to drive execution throughout the organization of new products.
- Work with key individuals cross functionally to ensure timely launches that hit cost targets.
- Make timely decisions on discontinuing products and manage P/N rationalization to allow for smooth execution throughout the organization.
- Regular travel to customer and manufacturing locations.
- Utilize understanding and experience of transportation channels and markets.
The candidate will have an accredited post secondary education, preferably at the University level in business or marketing disciplines. We are looking for someone with minimum five years experience developing new markets and products in the transportation markets where our key initiatives lie. A preference will be given to candidates with experience in the aerospace and mass transit sectors which is the initial major project target for this position.
Please forward cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: