At Joist, we’re on a mission to make contractors heroes! Joist is already the #1 platform for contractors worldwide, but there’s still work to be done. We have incredible adoption from contractors, top-tier venture partners from Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston, and a gritty team with that truly cares about what they're working on.
Joist is a mobile first company. Our team is looking for a Product Designer to help us bring the Joist Pro app to all contractors. You will be working cross-functionally with marketing, product, engineering, business intelligence, and our loyal customers. We are looking for someone who is able to make product decisions autonomously, and with a team using the SCRUM methodology. The focus of this role will be working on multiple platforms such as Android, iOS, and Web. You will be responsible for making product decisions, and must be able to prioritize projects.
This is an opportunity to join an aggressive team, take ownership, and force multiply our existing momentum through immediate action.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct user research to better understand Joist user habits and guide design and development decisions
- Design user flows and experiences
- Identify the core needs of Joisters to drive forward growth and adoption of the app
- Build mockups and prototypes to illustrate and test design concepts
- Design and produce a wide range of collateral (e.g. one-sheets, brochures, print and web ad creatives) from concept to production.
- Work closely with Growth Engineers and other team members to oversee product development end to end and maintain consistency across our Joist platform, including Android, iOS, & Web
What you will need to know / have
- 2-3 years of experience in shipping and designing projects, and strong portfolio showcasing both mobile and web app projects
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, iOS, Android, email, and print)
- Proficient in UI, email communication, marketing materials,design, and comfortable working on all of those
- Strong expertise in visual, interaction and communication design
- Ability to take concepts from the beginning steps, to prototype, and execute to production
- Familiar with Scrum teams and methodology and process’
- Strong familiarity with software engineering
- Excellent communication and presentation, and effectively pitch your ideas to your team
- Expert in command in the following programs, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Invision (alternatively, Marvel or Framer Studio)
- Take ownership in the company you work for! Roles include full stock option plans for all team members.
- Work life balance incorporated in the office - on your downtime enjoy the use of the ping pong and foosball tables.
- Flexible work hours & unlimited vacation
- Free snacks!
- Monthly team events
- Healthcare Benefits
- Prime Downtown Location at King & Spadina