This opportunity is for a Program Manager who will act as the Life Cycle Value Stream Management lead for Rockwell Collins Canada in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada). The position will report to the Managing Director of RC Canada as part of a team of Program Managers within the Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence business area of Government Systems for Rockwell Collins.
Program Managers direct cross-functional teams through the complete lifecycle of a program, from pursuit through execution to close-out. This position will include tactical execution of both customer- and company-funded developments in the Army and Joint C4ISR sphere in Canada. This includes ensuring that all required resources are available for the program, meeting budget and schedule, risk management, and support of program status reviews.
Key Rockwell Collins Canada capabilities include Mobile Ad-Hoc networking technologies (including Sub-Net Relay), communications network Modeling and Simulation, and In-Service Support. While intended primarily to lead Canadian programs at Rockwell Collins, this position could also have a support role in the introduction of capabilities from the global Rockwell Collins portfolio into Canada.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Participates in pursuit and order capture strategies including the definition of the customer's Most Important Requirements, analysis of competitors, and maintenance of the customer relationship.
- Influences overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization with responsibility for managing a program which is of moderate risk and complexity or portions of larger programs.
- Responsible for existing products, services, and business, inclusive of product and service roadmap for future product features / enhancements.
- Plans, directs, and monitors program budget and serves as primary customer contact for program information. Has R&D responsibility for enhancements to existing products.
- Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, engineering support, production, services, facilities and the like are available for the programs
- Responsible for meeting program budget and schedule.
- Has primary responsibility for program growth, may be responsible for marketing new technology or follow-on business.
- Supports the Rockwell Collins Lean initiative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
The successful candidate must possess a good understanding of the military communication industry and its customers. A sound understanding of systems engineering concepts, manufacturing processes, and engineering processes is required. The successful candidate will have proven success in working effectively in a cross-functional environment while providing customers with quality experiences and establishing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally. The right individual must be detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities, as well as dependable, with a proven record of sound judgment and decision-making ability.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and eight years of related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, fourteen years
of related experience.
The successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a government of Canada SECRET level security clearance.