PR Professional contract
This opportunity is full time for 6 months, with a possible extension of an additional 6 months.
EA SPORTS Public Relations team seeks a PR Coordinator to support an energetic team on all phases of product and brand public relations for EA SPORTS products, events and other initiatives.
Candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, creative environment at the largest interactive development studio in the world - home to best-selling videogames such as NHL, FIFA Soccer and EA SPORTS Active. This team player and strong communicator will support the execution of strategic PR plans for products within the EA SPORTS brand.
The PR Coordinator is integral in all the day-to-day operations of the PR team, from tracking clips, to distributing marketing/PR materials externally to handling administrative duties.
- Be a strong and valued individual contributor as well as an important and integral part of the PR team.
- Tracking clips/hits, distributing daily/bi-weekly coverage reports for EA SPORTS titles and preparing powerpoint presentations
- Managing and updating media database
- Execute on product mailings to media for preview and review purposes.
- Coordinating media events and press tours
- Provide clerical and administrative support as required
- Track department expenditures and assist in monitoring budget as necessary.
- Support invoice processing and Amex reconciliation
- Provide back-up travel support for team members.
- 1-2 years of professional experience – administrative or PR experience a plus. Need an entrepreneurial upstart for exposure to worldwide organization.
- Ideal candidate is a quick learner, has the ability to multi-task, and is responsible for his/her work.
- Works well in a deadline-oriented environment and ability to prioritize work flow
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and has the ability to develop
- Attention to detail a must.
- Proven proficiency in MS Office, especially Microsoft Word & Excel
- Demonstrated ability to create, manipulate and extract data from advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong planning, organizing, and scheduling abilities
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving skills and practice excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be proactive and predict needs before they arise.
- High tolerance for dealing with adversity; must perform well under pressure.
- Familiarity/experience with communications tools such as newswires, media monitoring services and media databases a plus.
All candidates MUST be eligible to work in Canada as visa and/or relocation assistance is not provided.