The PR & Marketing Coordinator for Western Canada will be responsible for overseeing mass event marketing (consumer/ trade events) and support the National Marketing Manager in executing marketing communications and public relations activities. This is a junior level position for a career in Marketing.
Major Position Accountabilities
- Coordinates mass events and demos (trade/ consumer events)
- Assists in executing the marketing plan (conducts focus groups)
- Oversees PR/ social media and website activities (internal & external communications)
- Responsible for other marketing administrative tasks
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
- Works in an air–conditioned office environment; with work performed outside of the office during weekends or in the evenings during the weekdays.(40%)
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week) position. Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30 pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Lifting of heavy items in the office and at events.
Technical school, college or university education majoring in business or marketing.
- At least 2 years of experience in coordinating events is necessary.
- Experience in creative feature/ blog writing.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods is an asset.
- Experience in design softwares (Adobe Illustrator) is an asset.
- Handling and moving of heavy items.
- High attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to multi task effectively.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Proficient in updating data on websites.
- Highly creative writing skills for executions of blogs and social media activities.
- Displays professional attitude and has polished presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written communication).
- Passion for Tofu, working with people and the public.
- Energetic and creative self starter.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have a Valid BC Drivers license and a reliable car.