Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has immediate openings for several key media and public relations positions as we look to grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Vancouver International Airport Authority; Disney On Ice; and Community Futures, among others.
Reporting to the Account Manager, the PR intern position will be filled by a high-energy and driven individual who must have the ability to manage multiple tasks relating to a variety of client projects and meet deliverables in a dynamic, and ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 9-5 work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel to event sites.
- Assist and provide support to coordinators and managers.
- Monitor blogs and social media for client related news.
- Assist with on-site media relations at events (some weekends)
- Assist with writing and/or research for brochures, news releases, newsletters, articles, blog postings, fact sheets, etc
- Assist with writing and/or research for blogs, websites and social media sites
- Various administrative tasks as required
- Excellent computer skills, including some or all of: Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Working towards or completed a University degree or diploma in PR, communications, or journalism
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools
- Working knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a team
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Great people skills, on telephone and in person
- Excellent English, both verbal and written
- Flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
Desired abilities that will push you to the top of the list:
- Previous experience writing press releases; Please include a sample of your writing with your application.
- Good verbal/communication skill to be able to learn/make media pitches.
- 4 month work term; negotiable
- Full time; 40hrs /week
- Base pay