Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has an immediate opening for a key senior media and public relations position as we grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including the Forest Products Association of Canada; the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival; Vancouver International Airport Authority; Disney On Ice; and Community Futures BC, among others.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the PR Account Manager position will be filled by a qualified individual who must have the ability to manage multiple client files and deliverables in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 9-5 work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel both in Canada and the US as well as to local client sites and offices.
- Act as Public Relations Senior Account Manager on a variety of projects, liaising directly with clients with the support of senior management team
- Manage staff working on client files
- Create strategic communications plans – and lead from concept through execution
- Strong understanding of the Canadian and US media landscape
- Create and execute media pitches in both the Canadian and US markets while under tight schedules
- Understand, build and maintain an appropriate network with local, national and international media, both traditional and emerging
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement
- Provide strategic communications advice to a wide variety of corporate clients
- Plan and execute media events including news conferences and media tours
- Prepare press releases and issue them to appropriate media
- Write brochures, newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets and other promotional materials
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum 3+ years direct experience in communications field
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a small team
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license and access to vehicle for travel to client sites/offices