Duration: 9 month contract position, full-time
Organization: Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
The Marketing & Communications Department at the Sauder School of Business at UBC is seeking a seasoned marketing professional for a short-term project management position. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating marketing projects in support of part of the school’s program portfolio – focusing primarily on executive education programs (open enrolment & custom), corporate-facing initiatives, development, and alumni. This is a 9 month contract.
The position acts as the key project manager on initiatives for the Marketing and Communications department and liaises with management teams in other departments, ensuring excellent service and on-time, on-budget project delivery. Key responsibilities will include project management of major marketing initiatives to launch new programs. Marketing activities may include the coordination of advertising, marketing collateral production i.e. brochures, direct marketing i.e. e-blasts, and creation of web site content.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Acts as the key project manager in the Marketing & Communications Department responsible for executing marketing initiatives for executive education, corporate, development, and alumni programs.
- Responsible for developing project requirements, project plans and creative briefs.
- Manages estimates, timelines, production schedules, deliverables and budgets. Oversees the workflow process for the development and production of direct mail campaigns, brochures, advertisements, e-marketing/e-blasts, videos, and other collateral materials.
- Liaises with external suppliers i.e. agency/creative firm, ad reps, copywriters, and printers, to facilitate production of marketing and communications materials, while working closely with the marketing team to ensure consistency with Sauder brand identity and graphic standards.
- Manages proofing and approval processes, creative feedback, and handles communications with internal staff across departments and suppliers, ensuring a thorough attention to accuracy and workflow efficiency.
- Coordinates projects utilizing new media and web marketing initiatives as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating meetings and briefings to facilitate marketing planning between internal departments and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing or Communications or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a marketing and communications role
- Strong project management skills and a proven track record in managing or coordinating marketing and communications projects
- Experience working with external service providers, such as ad agencies, graphic designers and printer
- An understanding of the academic and public sector environment is an asset
- Comfortable working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Understanding of web, video and online marketing
- Strong attention to detail