Start Date: As soon as possible
Experience: 3+ years in digitial agency environment + Diploma, Computer Sc.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full time w/ Benefits
Location: Toronto (Queen/Carlaw)
If you are a doer, proud of your excessive code writing abilities with the talent to hammer out dynamic websites and boasting a can-do attitude for custom-based solutions, with 2-3 years of digital agency experience, we want you!
Jump Branding & Design Inc. is looking for a dedicated PHP-based Developer/Programmer to build successful web and mobile solutions for Jump and it’s client base of local businesses and national franchises. From responsive websites and mobile apps to social API’s and SEO, we do it all.
The ideal candidate is adept at working in an agency environment with Project Managers and Designers to translate visual concepts into functional web and mobile interfaces, HTML emails, and digital ad creative. As a PHP/Wordpress Developer, you are a habitual troubleshooter with a knack for writing and debugging custom code quickly and efficiently.
- Install, configure and develop new sites using WordPress from the initial concept and site architecture to finished deliverable
- Code and implement sites through HTML/CSS files to custom theme, functions and plug-ins
- Facilitate WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline development cycle
- Ensure commercial ‘go-live’ deadlines are met on time and on budget
- 2+ years of digital agency experience with a Diploma in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of web languages including HTML5, CSS, PHP/MySQL)
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Familiarity with Web hosting platforms, website migration, DNS records
- Familiarity with MySQL and relational Database structure
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- SEO skills and copywriting a plus
- Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and/or e-comm sites a plus
- Self sufficient with strong English communication and organization skills
A little bit about the JUMP Environment
We’re a highly creative, multi-disciplined design studio. Our firm’s integrated approach to restaurant and retail design, corporate office environments, corporate identity design, on-shelf and take-out product packaging design, website and social media digital communications, is key to delivering consistency at every brand touch point. Located in Leslieville, our office environment is casual but professional, open concept (no cubicles), is easily accessible via TTC and located in a vibrant neighborhood with excellent amenities (plenty of coffee shops, and places to grab a bite to eat). We take our clients and projects seriously, but don’t take ourselves too seriously – we appreciate good humor, are passionate about design and enjoy good coffee.