Role: Photographer (NOC 5221)
Salary: $90,000 - $120,000/year and Benefits (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) + may be eligible for bonuses and salary increases, if applicable
Hours: 45 hours/week, Permanent
Location of work: Aritzia Support Office (#118-611 Alexander St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1E1)
Number of positions: 1
The primary purpose of the Photographer is to create beautiful and consistent photography for Aritzia’s online product catalogue through application of both technical and creative skill sets. They will partner with the Director, Photography and Creative Services team in order to deliver photographs that are on-brand and reflect the right tone of the season and/or campaign. They will also be involved in non-product catalogue shoots such as campaign shoots, corporate shoots, and creative shoots as directed. They will be a key cultural member of the team and will be responsible for fostering and driving a fun, exciting and unified working environment.
The Photographer will be responsible for the following:
- Identify areas of opportunity in order to create efficiencies and workflow. Work with the Director, Photography and Studio Manager in order to implement changes.
- Work with the Director, Photography and studio team in order to engage freelance photographers based on the photo studio calendar and workload.
- Understand the creative requirements for the season and/or campaign as set by the Director, Photography, Associate Creative Director and Creative Director.
- Collaborate with the Studio and Creative Services teams to implement and develop new styles and techniques in order to improve the overall quality of photography.
- Collaborate with the team to implement, develop and elevate all non-product catalogue shoots (e.g. marketing shoots, socials shoots, etc.).
- Responsible for the set-up, composition and lighting of product catalogue shoots and other shoots.
- Responsible for the digital image capture process of product catalogue shoots and other shoots.
- Determine lighting and digital capture requirements and ensure appropriate highlight and shadow exposure, colour density and tone.
- Ensure images captured comply with the overall creative and merchandising objectives for all product catalogue shoots.
- Accountable to execute on the season’s pre-determined KPIs for all product catalogue shoots at a variety of angles.
- Assist in the setup and teardown of sets, lighting systems and camera and grip equipment to maintain the photography studio workflow.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the photography shoot.
- Direct models in a variety of poses in order to bring out the best in each model. Ensure it is is aligned with seasonal art direction.
- Direct other photography studio team members in aspects of equipment needs and applications.
- Lead other photography shoots as needed during non-peak product catalogue periods.
- Make photography selects that are representative of the seasonal art direction with final approval from the ACD and Creative
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of employment.
The Photographer will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in photography
- Minimum of 5 years’ of photography experience in a related industry
- Experience dealing with models, studios and equipment necessary to deliver a complete collection for various online and printed marketing materials
- Have a sense of urgency and pay strong attention to detail, in order to deliver photography and video on time for catalogue needs
- Experience with digital photography workflow and studio lighting set-ups
- Experience with studio and department management
- Strong application skills with Adobe CS5.5, Adobe LR5, Filemaker, iWorks, MAC OS X, Office & Photoshop
- Thorough understanding of eCommerce strategies and objectives
- Proven leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Understands the fashion industry and has knowledge of main players in the industry
- Being observant and identifying what is relevant and trending
Working at Aritzia: Aritzia’s Support Office is located on the edge of downtown Vancouver (611 Alexander St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1E1), a city consistently recognized as one of the world’s best cities to live. Much like our boutiques, our workspace is modern and unique, and reflects our love of contemporary design. Our team consists of creative and dynamic industry professionals who love to design and promote Aritzia’s in-house brands, scope out the latest global trends, and continue learning and sharing their passion for fashion with our valued clientele – all in an environment that fosters long-term career planning and personal growth. Check us out at www.aritzia.com
Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.