LUSH North America supports 182 retail stores in Canada and the USA, a mail order business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our Brand Communications Team as LUSH’s in-house Photographer. You will ingeniously capture the LUSH brand through your talented photography skills, product styling, lighting and digital editing. Working with the Brand Communications Team, your photographs will grace the pages of our LUSH Times catalogue, blog, website, and even our shop windows.
LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is a rapidly growing, Vancouver-based retailer and manufacturer known worldwide for our unique bath and beauty products, amazing skin and hair care, personalized customer service, environmental activism and a fun and funky atmosphere. We are dedicated to fighting animal testing, practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of photo shoot logistics and product styling for print and digital assets including LUSH Times, blog, press photos, campaign collateral, e-newsletters and more.
- Organizing and arranging product compositions
- Establishing and maintaining a fresh image bank accessible to all member of the Brand Communications Team
- Communicating with individuals across the business (designers, merchandisers, manufacturing) to discuss and arrange photo shoot requirements
- Contribute actively to brainstorming sessions with the brand and marketing team
- Collaborate on discussions and decisions regarding the look and feel of visual components to our marketing and campaign initiatives
You bring the following qualifications:
- 2 years experience with product photography, setting up equipment, styling and digital editing
- Technical knowledge in camera and lighting equipment
- Experience in lifestyle photography with ability to adapt to an ever-changing creative direction
- Experience in visual merchandising techniques and lighting effects
- Proficiency in using photo editing software and programs such as Adobe Photoshop
- Well-developed creative and interpersonal skills and ability to contribute ideas to LUSH brand initiatives
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with many different teams and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and fun and able to lend a hand outside of regular job functions
- Ability to work in an open, creative and collaborative environment, from a photographers perspective but also as a member of the creative team as a whole
- 2 years experience on a creative, marketing, communication, or PR team
- Experience in a collaborative, team and creative environment