Knowledge Network, British Columbia’s public broadcaster, is looking for a Photo Editor/Designer for our Brand team based in Vancouver. Are you passionate about photographs? This is an excellent opportunity to put your strong visual design sense and photographic skills to work on different platforms. Use your creative talent to translate our brands onto television, print, web, mobile, and social media.
Specifically you will:
- Curate the photo and image library sourcing photographic imagery through local and global resources.
- Coordinate and integrate all imagery for the magazine, on our web site, social media and on television, ensuring a unified visual identity for Knowledge Network.
- Layout and design the bi-monthly K: Magazine, taking the magazine through to pre-press and final printing.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Marketing teams to translate our brand story onto multiple platforms.
- Work on a variety of assigned graphic design projects for all platforms.
- A degree or diploma in visual arts, graphic design, interactive design, or another creative discipline
- A strong photographic eye
- Design and production experience in print and multiple media
- Superior skills with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightrooom, Illustrator, and InCopy), also experience with Keynote and PowerPoint an asset
- Experience in location and product photography would be an asset
- Solid organizational skills
- A positive attitude, value a team environment, and can work to deadlines