Online Web Specialist full-time
As one of Canada's fastest growing retailers, we are an unparalleled business success story. The Business Depot was founded in Canada in 1991. Today, the company is known simply as STAPLES, and as Bureau en Gros in Québec.
In our 20 years, STAPLES in Canada has grown to over 330 retail stores nationwide, with locations in every Canadian province. The company's more than 15,000 associates are committed to our "EASY" Brand Promise. STAPLES continues to be Canada's largest everyday-low-price supplier of office supplies, technology, office furniture, and business services for small businesses, home offices, and consumers.
STAPLES offers rewarding career choices in a broad range of business areas, including Retail, Corporate, and North American Delivery (Warehouse & Call Centres).
Benefits We Offer: Competitive Salary & Bonus, Flexible Benefits for Full-time & Part-time Associates, Employer-paid RRSP Contributions, Stock Purchase Program, Training & Tuition Reimbursement, and a wealth of opportunity for personal & professional growth!
If you have a strong desire to succeed, learn more about our career opportunities by visiting:http://www.careers.staples.ca/
Work closely with multiple internal departments and vendors to maintain all aspects of our online sitewww.staplescopyandprint.ca. You will be responsible for leading initiatives around improving online applications/web content, developing new online applications, supporting marketing initiatives, supporting customer service teams, stores and hubs on all issues involving customer issues, site usability, print production detail and backend dashboard.
Types of projects you will be involved in include:
Web Content/Functionality Management (40%)
- Work with the merchant, IS teams and vendors to manage all online content, GUI and end-to-end user experience
- Maintain integrity of sku/pricing info online, including invoicing, bar codes, coupons and POS data
- Monitor and maintain integrity of print files and production instructions for all online products
- Work with online vendors to maintain and update store information, dashboards, hub/spoke flagging process, core files and post all training documents
- Maintain and utilize reporting functions in the dashboard and using analytics tools (ie Google analytics software) and provide regular reporting to the internal teams
- Identify all bugs and/or new features and communicate to vendors. Manage priority level and timing for deployment
- Assist in product & template assortment expansion/creation, cross sells and advertising initiatives for peak selling periods such as holidays and BTS
- Analyze and update templates results on an ongoing basis
- Drive online sales, online penetration/mix and gross margin by working with internal teams to drive cross channel and/or online specific traffic, offers, advertising
- Work with Category Manager/Director on new applications, online projects and new potential online vendors
- Work with Customer Service team and vendors to maintain online support SLA and manage the issues that are being reported. Identify and act on bug fixes as needed.
- Co-ordinate translation of all online content via approved translation vendors
Project Management & New Web Development (25%)
- Work with vendors and internal departments on new product application development
- Work with Category Managers/Director in negotiating project pricing, deliverables and vendor resources
- Take lead role in new project planning/management and timelines, usually managing 2-4 major projects at any given time
- Develop testing strategies (with vendors , I.S. and other as needed) and document all testing results
- Communicate testing results to project team and level-set priorities and timing for vendors to make changes
- Work with IS to plan deployment strategy and train/communicate to all testers
- Oversee deployment of project and provide post mortem
- Oversee all post-deploy maintenance as needed
- Co-ordinate/support development of training material or tools for stores/DCMs
- Periodic travel may be required and support for regular overnight deployments
- Maintain Online Calendar detailing all key dates that impact the online site (ie online including launches, promos, eblasts, certificate updates, scheduled maintenance, etc)
- Work in partnership with a wide cross-section of Staples and vendor roles including graphic designers, developers, QA specialists, I.S, Finance, Marketing, Production Specialist/Manager, Category Specialists/Manager, DCMs, Ops and Customer Service in order to achieve online goals and results
- Establish regular and effective communication with stores, hubs and DCMs through visits and provide support to the stores/hubs/DCMs on a frequent basis with regards to dashboard functionality, reporting, customer service issues and general application issues.
- Work with Copy Centre team and vendors on annual Training Symposium
Online Marketing Support (10%)
- Support all marketing initiatives online including regular e-blasts, banners, keyword buys
- Test all e-blasts for content and functionality prior to launch
- Assist with the proofing of all advertising material when required
- Communicate with all 3rd party vendors regarding promo banners
- Manage testing/deployment and maintenance of all promotions & pilot projects online
- Assist in coordinating in store samples for displayers, etc
Competencies, Technical Skills and Experience required for this position:
- Basic understanding of financial forms and terms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related products currently available, coupled with a high awareness of industry trends (online & other) and new product directions.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience in an online role (ideally with print industry background)
- Post secondary education with a focus on retail management, merchandising, e-commerce or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of in-store processes and how to adapt for online customers.
- Understanding of GUI and web development process
- Basic understanding of servers, certificates, data storage and online technology
- Required to commit sufficient time and to a varying schedule to meet the demands of the position.