Online Marketing Specialist full-time
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
Reporting to the Director – Marketing, and Digital Communications, the Online Marketing Specialist is responsible for the daily content upkeep and maintenance of the college’s websites (Internet & Intranet). This includes updating news stories, success stories, events, and all top level pages.
- Writing content and producing graphics for news, events, and all top level pages needing revision
- Respond to requests for web updates from internal stakeholders
- Writing and Editing content for the college websites
- Provide technical/non-technical support, programming services and advice to internal stakeholders in developing new web sections
- Develop complex Adobe Flash animations as needed
- Develop ASP.NET templates and website style sheets (CSS)
- Develop web based forms that communicate with database technologies
- Troubleshoot all technical/non-technical issues that may arise
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Search Engine Optimization
- Minimum three year diploma/degree in Computer Science and/or other related discipline, with professional certification or training in web technologies and design, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 3 years experience with client technology, content management systems, web development and design, and interactive animations
- Demonstrated online writing, authoring, and editing skills
- Strong communication skills with a firm grasp of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and client service skills, with ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by October 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #12-S-09. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.