Online Marketing Specialist full-time
Sierra Wireless is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Online Marketing Specialist to join our global corporate marketing team. Reporting to the Manager of Web and Online marketing, you will be responsible for managing a broad range of website, email marketing and social media activities to drive brand awareness, lead generation and nurturing, and new revenue opportunities.
You will work cross-functionally; engaging closely with product management, product marketing, marketing communications, the information technology team, creative agencies, and other internal and external stakeholders globally to design, develop and execute online marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a passionate online marketing professional with 2 - 5 years of hands-on experience with a broad range of online marketing activities, including content creation, website functional development, email campaigns, analytics reporting, and social media. Experience with marketing automation tools is a definite plus. Excellent writing skills are required.
Web content management and creation:
- Manage the Sierra Wireless corporate website on a daily basis; as well as continuously identify and implement opportunities for improvement
- Manage and coordinate content production and publishing; write, edit and/or work with vendors and product teams to create a variety of online marketing communication materials
- Manage search engine optimization strategy
- Work closely with IT organization on all technical issues, including system architecture
- Collaborate with product teams on e-store updates and improvements
- Collaborate on the development web performance goals and specific metrics
- Create and deliver stakeholder reports and insights as required
- Integrate web analytics with marketing campaigns and activities
Lead Generation and Nurturing:
- Manage the marketing database on a daily basis
- Collaborate on the development of a new marketing automation program, including system selection and implementation
- Execute online lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns to support marketing programs, in close collaboration with product marketing and sales teams
- Analyze and report on campaign performance
- Design, create and implement email marketing content including email newsletters, ad-hoc email campaigns, landing pages and forms
- Provide recommendations to business units and assist with the implementation of email campaigns
- Set up and measure campaign tracking report results on a regular basis
- Monitor and contribute to online communities
- Collaborate with broader market teams on social media strategies to drive awareness and support campaigns
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in marketing or business administration
- 2-5 years’ experience in web and online marketing
- A good understanding of online strategy, tactics and analytics
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work in a matrix environment in a global company
- Ability to lead and manage projects independently and to work under tight deadlines
- Passionate and knowledgeable about online marketing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with content management systems, preferably Sitecore
- HTML editing skills
The following are not required but considered an asset:
- Broad marketing experience, such as product marketing, marketing communications, and public relations
- Experience with marketing automation tools, such as Marketo, Eloqua, or similar
- Graphic design skills and experience
- Experience from the wireless/telecommunication industry or related B2B environment
- Working knowledge of French
Due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, or to Sierra Wireless employees. Sierra Wireless, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.