The overall goal of the Professional Services (PS) department is to support continuing professional development (CPD) needs of CGAs through the PD Net website.
Specifically PS wants to increase the number of CGAs taking CPD from the CGA Association as well as increase the amount of CPD each CGA takes from the CGA Association. Furthermore, PS also wants to increase the engagement in a similar way with new CGAs while extending its reach beyond the CGA membership.
The Online Marketing Specialist will use their intermediate knowledge of core marketing principles to, plan, implement and optimize the overall PD Net marketing program using both digital and traditional marketing tools and processes.
The incumbent’s primary objective is to increase sales and margin by maintaining and cultivating our current audience while profitably expanding our prospective customer base.
The incumbent will be expected to analyze market intelligence, optimize and implement effective email campaigns and newsletters, understand and communicate the value proposition per market segment, develop member outreach programs and promotional communication campaigns to enhance PD Net brand awareness, develop metrics to monitor and gauge success of campaigns, and develop print collateral to promote and sell PD Net products and services.
Specific Responsibilities and Resulting OUTCOMES
- Evaluate business requirements, propose possible strategic solutions, develop and implement a marketing plan based on approval from Director, Professional Services.
- Gather and analyze market intelligence to determine proper market segmentation, targeting strategies and implement plans.
- Develop a strategy to maintain and cultivate our current customers and develop targeting and conversion plans to profitably expand our customer base.
- Act as PD Net brand representative. Develop a deep understanding of the core value proposition of the PD Net brand, and translate that consistently across all mediums to strengthen this proposition over time.
- Utilize email marketing and other online marketing channels to maximize product sales and margin.
- Create online and offline promotional tools that support PD Net marketing goals of increasing product sales, and new customer acquisition.
- Develop, analyze, and optimize e-commerce promotions and special offers using coupon codes, and site-wide sales in order to develop and implement customer retention and acquisition programs.
- Develop relationship-building opportunities by networking with industry professionals such as bloggers, social media influencers, and possible advertising partners to establish long-term mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Develop and a social media strategy that address the needs of our audiences while delivering value to our target market.
- In collaboration with Public Affairs Team, create effective messaging, positioning and communications plans to consistently highlight the brand quality of PD Net products and services to our members and Affiliates.
- Develop metrics and measurement tools to monitor and gauge success of campaigns and enhance the programs over time.
- Use expert copywriting and creative skills to develop innovative campaigns that show measureable results.
- Develop print collateral, brochures, signs, presentations, and promotional products, as required by team.
- Stay abreast of latest trends in the industry with research in the online marketing community and implement appropriate strategies accordingly
- Collaborate with PS Team to recruit and train additional resources, as required.
- Perform other ancillary or related duties as required, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge & Experience
- A degree in business, marketing/sales, communications, digital media, or a combination thereof or equivalent experience in both traditional and online mediums.
- 3-5 year hands-on experience planning and implementing traditional marketing strategies including customer segmentation, product or service promotions, pricing strategy, brand positioning/messaging, and developing metrics to gauge performance.
- 2-3 year hands-on experience in internet marketing
- Experience developing and optimizing promotional email campaigns, preferably ecommerce related email campaigns. Proficiency in MailChimp or other email software is valuable.
- Experience in championing a brand, developing communications plans, and ensuring consist messaging and presentation across various mediums.
- Background in accountancy and/or learning environment would be considered an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong aptitude to perform data analysis, develop measurement tools and metrics, analyze results, determine ROI and build a plan based on the results.
- Intermediate experience in relationship building, community program development, and Social Media Marketing.
- Basic experience in Search Engine Optimization, content optimization and other internet marketing channels.
- Creative aptitude in design and creative copywriting, including developing direct marketing campaigns, creating sales tools and collateral.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills with the ability to anticipate market trends, forecast and plan online marketing and sales strategies for e-learning product development for professional accountants and the business community at large.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency working with a Content Management System to perform copy updates, insert basic graphics, create new pages, add key words and meta-tags.
- Proficiency working with Google Analytics to drive business decisions and marketing planning.
- Familiarity with HTML and web user experience best practises on websites.
- Working knowledge of CS5 would be considered an asset.
- Advancedworking knowledge of MS Office applications, SharePoint preferred.
- Critical attention to detail with superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task and successfully.
- Manage projects with multiple stakeholders and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture.