Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® is seeking a dynamic and talented Interactive Marketing Coordinator to support the in-house Marketing team. The successful candidate will have a background in marketing paired with solid skills in both graphic and web design. Responsibilities include maintaining website content in our proprietary content management system using HTML and CSS, creating various sales advertisements in Photoshop, and coordinating a variety of ongoing online marketing initiatives.
About Expedia CruiseShipCenters:
Established in 1987, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® is one of North America's leading sellers of cruise vacations. Through our network of 125 franchise locations and team of over 2,500 Franchise Partners and Cruise Consultants, the company has grown at an average rate of 30% each year for over two decades. In 2007, CruiseShipCenters became a strategic partner with Expedia Inc., the world's largest online travel company, rebranding to become Expedia CruiseShipCenters. We have also been recognized by the Canadian Franchise Association with the Award of Excellence for the past five years. (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Position Functions and Tasks:
- Coordinating and maintaining a variety of online marketing projects with various stakeholders
- Update existing and create new web pages within the existing website framework, using in-house content management system with HTML and Photoshop.
- Create new promotional banners, email images, and advertisements to support weekly and monthly promotions, while staying within brand standards.
- Site content development – i.e. writing web copy, content sourcing and page layout and design
- Coordinate timely execution (creation, testing and distribution) of permission based E-mail Marketing Program
- Follow art direction and adhere to existing brand standards while contributing to design direction
- Provide administrative support for various tasks and projects for the Sales and Marketing department
- A clear understanding of basic marketing principles
- Solid hands-on knowledge of current web markup or scripting languages including HTML and CSS that validates.
- Experience with desktop publishing/imaging applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) for use in creating graphics optimized for the web and an eye for design.
- Creativity, flexibility, and an ability to manage and reset priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently on multiple projects within project schedules and deadlines
- A careful eye and great attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive, work independently, and also be a good team player
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Highly motivated, high energy and enjoys working in fun environment
- Travel Industry experience an asset
- Education in Marketing and/or New Media
- Examples of past web and graphic design work with a description of what parts you specifically contributed to