ABOUT DOWNSVIEW PARK
Parc Downsview Park Inc. is a Crown corporation, mandated to build Downsview Park on a self-financing basis in the centre of the Greater Toronto Area. Downsview Park is operated according to the principles of environmental, economic and social sustainability.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will assist in representing Downsview Park’s ‘voice’ in the social media realm and facilitate conversations around content that is meaningful to our visitors and customers. This role will support the director, marketing & communications in the development of social media initiatives by providing insight and recommendations alongside monitoring and reporting results.
As a member of a small high performing team, the successful candidate must be able to drive the digital engagement and activity on the website and relevant social media platforms. Execute a social media strategy and listen to and monitor all events. Recommend opportunities/improvements, and be proactive towards contributing to the various business units’ results.
- Conduct regular updates to the corporate website’s content management system;
- Monitor specific audience-related topics using tools such as BuzzMetrics to report findings to appropriate stakeholders;
- Establish metrics and detailed reporting processes for all key initiatives;
- Work with internal teams at the planning stages of campaigns and programs to determine degree and method of social media integration;
- Community management of social channels (eg. Facebook and Twitter);
- Generate relevant content for specific customer audiences using the appropriate tone when engaging with those communities both onsite and on external social media platforms;
- Report customer feedback/questions to appropriate business areas of the organization;
- Prioritize and manage digital projects;
- Maintain timely industry knowledge to ensure that tools and channels are being used correctly;
- Manage and maintain the production of regular streams of fresh, customer appealing content. Plan and integrate the production across the channels as required;
- Research, write, edit, thrill and publish material on the company blog, newsletter and social channels to engage, entertain and promote Downsview Park’s brand image and support all business goals;
- Additional marketing and communications duties as required.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing multiple digital channels, online marketing, blogs, online ads, webcasts and social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, SlideShare building demand and brand reputation;
- Post Secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent training;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, SMO and PPC processes;
- Ability to apply brand, risk and technology guidelines;
- Familiarity with Facebook insights and other Facebook business tools is an asset;
- Experience in working for multiple stakeholders at a senior level;
- Extensive project management and digital marketing experience;
- Proven track record in a client service or customer service role
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to write persuasive, grammatically correct content that grasps campaign objectives and translates them into actionable marketing content;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to act professionally when dealing with key internal stakeholders;
- Ability to evaluate situations, react swiftly and make sound judgements;
- Independent worker, strong customer focus, team player, highly developed interpersonal communication skills;
- Bilingual French/English is considered an asset.