Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian has to fear cancer. At the Canadian Cancer Society, our teams include people just like you: dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and leader in the fight against cancer, the Canadian Cancer Society has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity:
- We spearhead life-saving research. As the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, the Society has invested more than one billion dollars in research so far, and efforts have led to breakthroughs that revolutionize the way cancer is diagnosed, treated and prevented.
- We empower people facing cancer with free information and support services for patients and their families. Since 1996 the Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Information Service has helped more than one million Canadians with their cancer-related questions.
- We lead change for a healthier Ontario. The Canadian Cancer Society has been a forceful and persistent voice on the tobacco control front, and efforts have led to laws that prohibit smoking in public spaces and workplaces, ban cigarette displays and vending machines and help control contraband.
The Society also mobilizes a community of fighters – 60,000 volunteers in Ontario alone – to help deliver programs, organize fundraising events, push change through government and fuel prevention efforts.
All of this is made possible through our ground-breaking fundraising programs and campaigns such as Relay For Life and Daffodil Month, as well as the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
Be part of our team and make the biggest difference in the fight against cancer as an:
Online Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator
Reference #: FG 505
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
To support the online marketing and fundraising activities of the Ontario Division. This position is responsible to ensure we utilize best practices to maximize our marketing, fundraising and education efforts, as well as ensure we conform to CRA/CMA regulations.
- Support in the delivery of online marketing & fundraising initiatives for new and existing programs, across the organization. This could include, but is not limited to, the creation and replication of online fundraising solutions, online receipt management, website content updates, Google Analytics, SEO/SEM campaigns, social media activities, and reporting.
- Maintain and deliver division–wide performance monitoring solutions for all online marketing and fundraising tools.
- Participate actively in quality assurance testing of online solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation for training manuals, webinars and business processes as they relate to online marketing & fundraising solutions.
- Conduct training sessions for division staff and volunteers, as required.
- Provide ongoing “functional guidance” in support of the online marketing & fundraising solutions to staff and volunteers, respond to inquiries and provide coaching as required
- Report on day to day management of projects (pulling reports, trafficking reports to key stakeholders, publishing to dashboard).
- Ensure the Society’s visual identity and web development standards are adhered to in all online marketing & fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, CCS, and Imagine’s Ethical Fundraising Code.
- Stay current on innovations and best practises as they relate to online fundraising and online marketing.
- Work with 3rd party vendors (as required).
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
· Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations.
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in marketing and/or online marketing/e-commerce; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 years of website development and online marketing experience, including the development of online marketing/fundraising solutions, execution of e-mail marketing campaigns, SEO/SEM campaigns, Google Analytics, PPC/CPC campaigns, and social networking.
- Experience with online fundraising platforms (Convio preferred), content management systems & database management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including experience with online data collection, analysis, and report development.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written communication skills.
- Customer focus to interact with staff, donors, volunteers and members of the general public.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Proficiency in MS Office, HTML.
- Advanced skills with XML, CSS, Flash and Photoshop an asset.
- Experience working in a large multi-level or non-profit organization an asset.
- Experience in project and client management an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures would be an asset.
- A Criminal Records Check is required.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours
- Intermittent evening and weekend work, some overtime required
- Some planned travel (within the city/province) may be required (minimal)
WHAT WE OFFER
The Society offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We arecommitted to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a salary in the mid/high 40K range, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.