Online Category Manager (3 openings) full-time
Best Buy Canada is looking for smart, driven and passionate individuals to join our growing online business teams. As an Online Category manager of one of Canada’s top 5 retail sites, you will make an impact on the future of online shopping in Canada and you will create compelling experiences for millions of Canadian consumers.
About the Role
As the Online Category Manager, you are the expert regarding what is happening in the online retail space. You make sure that our site and its campaigns are best in class and provide a superior shopping experience for our online customers.
Through continuous online research and analysis you ensure we are relevant and competitive in the online space. You work with our merchant and marketing teams to identify creative ways to drive online sales and then execute and manage the online promotions and marketing plans that are a result of the collaboration. You champion the integration and innovative use of our online business as part of our multi-channel strategy to drive and exceed sales and profitability targets.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- You are collaborator who works well in team dynamic but is also comfortable working independently.
- You are creative and innovative and present ideas on how to leverage opportunities for improvement.
- You are a strategic thinker who is able to provide a business case to support your ideas.
- You possess a strong business acumen – you can “connect the dots” and link business strategies to the customer experience.
- You are successful at building strong partnerships and leverage your positive relationships to drive results.
- You enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment and remain calm in stressful situations.
You have 2-4 years related business experience which includes:
- Reporting and analysis outside of numbers
- Experience executing/collaborating on project or team-based initiatives, whether individual projects or in a project management capacity
- Experience working in a fast-paced or high volume work environment
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, E-Commerce or other related discipline
About Best Buy Canada Ltd
Burnaby-based Best Buy Canada Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers. In 2007, we celebrated the achievement of $5 billion in sales, effectively making us the 2nd largest privately held company and the 5th largest corporation in the Province of British Columbia, as well as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. For the 2nd consecutive year, we ranked in the Top 5 in the BC Business Magazine Top 100.
With the support of more than 22,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates the Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca) and Best Buy Canada (www.bestbuy.ca) brands, providing unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs.