As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning. TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors.
The New Media Specialists II are responsible for the design, development and integration of educational elements into online courses. With the use of current technology and innovations, courses are built to meet the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education’s course curriculum and contribute to the quality of learning experience and overall success of learners. Educational elements include video, audio, interactive digital components and other digital learning tools.
- Build and develop digital course components using HTML5 technologies
- Brainstorm and develop content ideas/storyboards and performs layout of creative visual content for Digital Course Components and educational elements that meet the criteria for the curriculum of Ontario’s Ministry of Education, which has student success as the objective
- Collaborate with Curriculum team on achieving and improving courses, website and processes in order to enhance, extend and improve student success and achievement
- Build team capacity and support personal and team growth
- Write technical summaries, creative documents and process reviews
- Create characters, treatments, storylines and game play, and codes interactive material and animations to enhance student learning experience
- Test and review digital content for errors, bugs
- Test new software and recommends technology and development tools specific to the needs of providing educational elements and content that will contribute to the overall success of ILC’s students and those of Ontario
- Coordinate compilation of digital elements into interactive pieces
- Record, edit and compress digital video and audio
- Configure 3rd party software for online deployment
- Perform other directly related duties, such as administrative duties to manage ILC’s digital assets and to create web and marketing content for ILC.org and Homework Help
- Industry certification or Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in computer science, software engineering, information technology or similar discipline
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in a web design/support environment
- Applied current knowledge and experience with Web technologies, languages, and tools in practical situations that illustrate competency with:
- Knowledge and experience with conversion of assets out of Adobe Flash/AS3
- Experience in working with CSS frameworks such as CSS Less and 960 Grid
- Experience with the following software: Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects Proficiency with video editing software an asset
- Develop using software engineering best practices for all SDLC activities, such as analysis, design, coding, testing, version control
- .Experience in gathering and analyzing technical requirements; Able to clearly document processes and techniques
- Proven ability to work with and mentor other new media professionals
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Applied knowledge of coding standards and practices
- Experience and understanding of user experience issues, Internet design principles, W3C standards, accessibility standards, and Windows and MacOS interface standards
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with the ability to work unsupervised and in collaborative teams
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments, work quickly, efficiently, establish priorities, and work effectively under pressure to meet tight and shifting timelines
- Strong problem solving, analytical and client service skills
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages
- Adept at handling constructive criticism and making the required changes
- French/English bilingualism would be an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date and time.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at www.tvo.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.