Day & Ross Freight has immediate openings for 4 National Enterprise Account Executives, based in our Hartland/Montreal/Toronto/Calgary or Vancouver Offices.
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic, and established transportation brokerage professional to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Freight Brokerage, you are self-motivated and a results driven sales professional.
You will be responsible for:
- Selling into accounts, servicing new accounts, and managing an existing client base
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing accounts
- Build relationships with potential new and existing accounts to grow & retain business in Canada and the US (primarily Canada)
- Generating sales leads by networking, cold-calling prospects and building relationships as part of a coordinated sales strategy
- Creating sales strategies by gathering market information, analyzing opportunities and documenting sales methodology;
- Preparing presentations and delivering to prospective clients
- Maintain accurate customer files
- Work with operations to address issues with scheduled shipments
- Current applicable work experience (3PL industry required)
- A solid network and client base to call upon and demonstrated success selling in a third-party (3PL), brokerage environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to resolve problems in a timely fashion
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; bilingual French\English, both verbal and written would be considered an asset
- Proven experience in freight brokerage sales, with a desire to grow professionally
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Windows environment are key to succeeding in this role.
- You possess a degree or diploma in business administration; with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in telesales, sales support/customer service or business-to-business sales.
- Out-going “Hunter” personality
Day & Ross is pleased to offer its full time employees an extensive Benefit Package!
Join us today and you can expect the following:
- Basic, Optional, and Dependent Life Insurance Plans
- Accidental Death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Health & Dental Plans
- Long-term & Short-term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pension Plan – Company matched
A snapshot of us…
Continuously recognized as one of Canada’s best managed companies, The Day & Ross Transportation Group knows they are driven by people. Fully owned by potato giant, McCain Foods Ltd., over 5000 people proudly contribute to one of the five divisions under DRTG- Day & Ross Inc., Day & Ross Freight, Day & Ross Trade Networks, Dedicated Logistics, and Sameday Worldwide. Though drivers are our backbone, we also have positions in areas common to any corporation.
As a federally regulated employer Day & Ross Inc. fully supports the principles of Employment Equity and encourages qualified members of designated groups to apply.