Mobile Content Manager full-time
This role is responsible for co-developing the strategic plan for content and services for horizontal and vertical apps on Google Play and the Microsoft Store as well as hub services residing on mobile appliances (tabs, smartphones).
This will also include shared responsibility for product lifecycle management and milestone attainment for existing and new services applicable to the Canadian market. Cross over apps from mobile to smartTV will constitute a secondary element.
The key goal of this role is to support and enhance Samsung’s marketing and product planning for mobile devices leading to improved and profitable sales volumes. The incumbent is an expert in all phases of service development from initial concept to design, business modeling/analysis, development, implementation, launch, and post launch product maintenance.
Familiarity with mobile content technologies and service platforms is critical to success as is prior expertise in building and launching services. A background in smart TV apps is preferred.
The secondary responsibility is two fold:
- Developing content and a sales tool kit for mobile B-B sales channels including collateral, presentations, sales aids; done in conjunction with Samsung external firms
- Summarize key features from current and future convergence assets and solutions as they move from early market readiness to actual deployment by the appropriate product groups
The incumbent must also ensure that the Samsung brand and corporate social responsibility guidelines are incorporated into the business planning process.
- Assist in defining the service strategy, business plan and roadmap for all mobile hub services (media, readers, music, games) including Samsung mobile apps
- Develop local Canadian content sourcing plan for mobile devices
- Co-Manage all aspects of the service development (process, timelines, deliverables and metrics)
- Facilitate and lead business and technical discussions with 3rd party content companies with support from R&D teams both in Canada, NAHQ and HQ
- Track global and regional application metrics
- Negotiate contracts with contents providers and resolve reconciliation and settlement
- Develop partnerships with digital contents partners and developers
- Develop effective launch plans in cooperation with product marketing team and marketing communication teams
- Interface with Marketing Communications regarding possible app promotions
- Interface with Business Solutions team for related cross functional projects
- Issue monthly updates regarding mobile apps usage and downloads
- Obtain pre release documentation related to various convergence assets as they attain early market readiness
- BComm, BMOS, BCompSci or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of content delivery platforms
- Working knowledge of object oriented coding
- Strong understanding of multiple OS’ including smartTV and wireless appliances
- Understanding of current CE devices and entertainment systems as well as competitive offers
- Ability to condense complex convergence solution sets into easily understood concepts in order to properly position assets with the local executive level, local marketing teams and channel/customer facing sales team leaders
- 7 years managing content engine or service delivery platform or managing mobile or TV application development and deployment
- Experience in the broadcast industry as well as in telecom
- Excellent contacts in the media sector
- Track record of business case analysis leading to successful solution roll-outs