For almost 30 years the Mastermind team have worked together to bring to life the definition of a great specialty toy store – a place that brings fun, learning and confidence to children and their parents. While we are a small Canadian company (currently operating 23 stores in Ontario and 1 in Alberta) we have initiated big plans for expansion.
To support this strategy and promote the Mastermind brand we are searching for an experienced Mid-level Marketing Manager who shares our values and seeks a unique opportunity to apply their expertise in a job requiring an active hands-on approach and a collaborative style that will contribute to the growth of this exciting company.
As the successful candidate for the job, your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the development, planning and execution of the marketing strategy
- Developing and managing traditional marketing processes, approaches and procedures directly or in conjunction with marketing staff
- Directly managing the marketing calendar of events and its communication to stakeholders
- Being project manager and direct contributor to a variety of marketing activities including product promotions, brand awareness, customer events, and multi-channel marketing – web, social media, video, email and print communication
- Being the prime contact with third parties to secure advertising, media buys, promotions, signage and communication programs
- Overseeing major product marketing initiatives and related budgets for annual gift guide and other flyer programs
- Mining data and providing analysis; identifying patterns, trends and opportunities. Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and provide recommendations
- Responsible to support the development and performance of marketing team staff
Your qualifications will include:
- Post secondary degree in Business Marketing, Communication
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years comparable experience in a multi-unit retail environment. Specialty retail preferred
- Practical hands on experience building marketing process, solutions and managing individual projects
- Demonstrated understanding and experience executing programs including multi-media applications, product promotions, marketing event management and branding
- Established portfolio demonstrating creativity, innovation and results
- Practical analytical skills using data and competitor information to enhance marketing success
If you think this opportunity could be for you, then we encourage you to tell us about yourself by applying right away!
This position is located at 415 Milner Ave, Toronto.