Oxford University Press Canada has an opening for a highly creative and self-motivated creator to assume the position of Media Producer in the Higher Education Division. The position will be based in Toronto, Ontario.
Oxford University Press (OUP) is the largest and second oldest university press in the world. A department of the University of Oxford, the Press operates as a not-for-profit. It is devoted to the spread of knowledge, and our surplus is devoted to the furtherance of scholarship, education, and research. Our focus on work/life balance and our commitment to quality over quantity will provide the successful candidate with ample opportunities to reach their creative potential without experiencing production burn-out associated with other industries.
The media producer is primarily responsible for the identification and acquisition or development of media assets that support or comprise digital products. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with editorial and digital staff members to conceptualize, create, modify, or procure animations, motion graphics, and video projects for online distribution. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable as a creator but also has ambitions to manage larger production projects.
- Work with editorial stakeholders to define creative direction of media content, including production of creative briefs, storyboards, graphic standards and deliverables;
- Participate in discovery stages of the production process to produce time and/or cost estimates for media asset development or acquisition;
- Develop and maintain video specification standards, naming conventions, folder structures and relevant use criteria/limitations to ensure content value is maximized;
- Develop and maintain best practices for expedient content delivery, efficient content development, and reusability of creative assets;
- Own relationships with third-party suppliers of media content and work with suppliers to deliver resources and meet project goals;
- Creatively identify and recommend media/video/animation needs for new digital products;
- Ensure that media assets are compliant with existing Group policies for permissions, registration, and storage of content;
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Premier, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator, knowledge of Adobe Audition or comparable audio editing software;
- Advanced knowledge of compression, codecs and creating custom graphics and animations.
The successful candidate will possess a university degree, an online portfolio of their recent work, and 1-3 years of industry experience as a motion graphics animator. Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills are essential.
At OUP, we're committed to hiring, rewarding, and retaining the best people. Being a member of our team entitles you to a comprehensive benefits program and a generous compensation plan. OUP is committed to helping employees grow personally and professionally through various learning development initiatives. OUP employees are provided with on-going training, mentorship and professional education opportunities.