Environmental Communication Options (ECO) is an environmental relations firm, that combines knowledge in government relations, media/public relations, marketing and technical knowledge to help our clients achieve their desired outcomes. We consistently promote green initiatives, policies, ideas and technologies related to the environment, energy and natural resources sectors.
Currently, ECO is seeking an experienced media analyst to conduct media research, handle media distribution, writing and other duties related to media relations and event planning.
We are looking for a candidate with media experience and interest in environmental issues.
Start date: Mid-May
Job duties / responsibilities:
- Media distribution to Canada-wide media
- Media monitoring and generating media reports
- Writing media releases/advisories
- Maintenance of ECO’s media database
- Web analysis
- Updating ECO’s website and Media Manager
- Providing computer related technical support (e.g. email setup, media distribution setup, etc.)
- Event planning and support
- General office duties
- Managing social media for business accounts
- 1-2 years Canadian media relations experience
- Knowledge of or interest in environmental issues
- Exceptionally skillful with MS office suite (emphasis of Excel)
- Highly developed research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Organizational skills and understanding of the need for attention to detail
- Computer and email setup, document formatting and HTML skills required
- Knowledge and interest of social media for business is an asset
- Multilingual skills appreciated