What's exciting about Elastic Path?
Elastic Path Software is a provider of the industry's most flexible enterprise ecommerce platform and strategic ecommerce consulting. We help innovative enterprises sell more digital goods and services in a way that is frictionless, social, and everywhere. Major global brands such as Google, Symantec, Time Inc, RIM and Virgin Media rely on Elastic Path to innovate and grow.
What can you expect in the Marketing Writer's position?
The marketing writer will be responsible for creating content that is clear, consistent, and engaging. This person must be able to gather the right information from subject matter experts and produce content for various different marketing programs. This person will dive into the world of ecommerce with vigor and enthusiasm in order to provide more than just straightforward copyediting.
- Create web content from scratch and review content with SEO and usability in mind
- Create promotional content, such as data sheets, email campaigns, PPC ads, webinar abstracts, and case studies, from scratch
- Perform substantive editing for white papers, research reports, and webinar abstracts
- Manage and own each writing project from start to finish and be accountable for the project
- Determine and interview key subject matter experts to get relevant information for writing purposes
- Work closely with the graphics designer to produce the piece of collateral
- Submit marketing collateral to the appropriate outlets
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- Marketing, Communications, or English university degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in writing marketing materials such as web content, email campaigns, white papers, research reports, case studies, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and PPC preferred
- Background working in a corporate environment and, specifically, a fast-paced technology company
- Experience working in large marketing teams and familiarity with different marketing roles
- Familiarity with CMS and marketing automation software preferred
- Detail-oriented and flexible -- able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility and complete work with minimal supervision
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 150 team members in Canada, the UK, Costa Rica and the US.
We also have some neat benefits to offer you, but we won't bore you with those right now. If you're curious, check out the benefits section on our career site: